Another fine offering from Behringer

Shock and Awwwwwwwwh!!!!!

Ok........ So......... Two pre-amps show up at the party in the same dress, and one say's to the other...ummmm ahhhhh.

shit I lost it:(

Oh well

F.S.

As as disinterested but questioning observer, I just can't believe that there isn't someone out there with something good to write about Behringer. C'mon someone--be strong and let us hear another side to the story: isn't there at least one good Behringer product, or at least one good aspect of one bad product?

J.

I have an old Composer Pro and it's a decent compressor. But faux tube devices like these are crap.

I have a Behringer 802 mixer, and you can't beat it for $90. Problem is it sounds like a $90 mixer, but a mixer that's low quality is better than no mixer.

Track rat is right: tubes need high-current, high-voltage power supplies to sound good. The transformers alone for that are bigger than a wall wart, and by the time you add a few caps, rectifiers, etc. you have more in size & cost than that pre itself.

If your on a budget stick to solid state pres. Low budget tube devices sound like ass. Unless you want that lo-fi sound.;)

The Behringer ECM8000 is one of the few decent things that I have heard from them. The mics are a bit hissy, but well, for $35 they ain't horrible.

Mike

Back