Alan... No Stephen Paul Mic?

musical5 said:
I think its been made very clear, from this thread, the boy just doesnt know when to shut up. What a loser.

I would have to agree. This thread holds some of the most eloquently written material that could be considered a flame, but it's just the plain simple truth instead.

I will not call you names, or try to argue with you as that is pointless. With the exception of maybe two people on this entire group, I think it is obvious that most would prefer to see you leave. Just knowing that is enough for me, and you have to know and live with that each time you post here.

That about sums it up.

Alan, I don't even want to jump in here, I'm sure I've made my feelings known in the past, and I regret Stephen's passing as much as anyone can, who didn't really know him. I am overjoyed that he hand-picked and educated a successor. My questions are entirely about production, because I'm in the market for a couple of products that you obviously intend to make available, and I understand your reluctance to discuss sensitive design details.
These are my practical real-world questions, and I understand that some of the answers may simply not be available yet:
1. I'm in the market for a main vocal mic in the $2000 range. If initial reviews of the new mic indicate that it lives up to the advance billing, what are the chances I'm going to be able to buy it in March of 2004, and what is the turnaround time liable to be?
2. I'm looking to upgrade my Joemeek twinQcs (with the digital card). I'd be perfectly happy to do that with a new redesigned twinQ. The question is, when is that going to be practically possible, and when will I know how much additional money that's going to take?
I know you don't have a crystal ball, and there are a bunch of speed bumps between design and retail sale. However, my production schedule requires that certain pieces of gear have to be available by given dates, and "It'll be done when it's done" may be an answer that will force my purchasing decisions. So what can you tell us about the real-time availability of these hopefully innovative products?-Richie

Track Rat said:
Hmmmmm...DJL, you're sort of starting to look like a wanker.

I assume this was meant as a candidate for the "Understatement of the Year Award." BTW, here in the USA we generally use the term "jack-off" or "jerk-off."

When a child throws a tantrum or otherwise loudly clamors for attention, the preferred way of dealing with such an outburst is to ignore him. Maybe we should try that, and see if he is as capable as a two year old in learning social skills.

DJL-

You need help.

Seriously.

At first I thought you were just being a jagoff. And you're very good at that.

But as I re-read this thread and a couple of the others, I'm starting to realize that your issues go deeper than just being an insensitive dick.

The last time I got into a prolonged discussion with you, your questions became repetitive, and you kept asking them over and over, even after someone (or MANY someones) answered them for you. It's like you never even read the answer.

You're doing that again in this thread.

Not knowing anything else about you or your medical history, I'd suggest that you go get tested for autism. The singlemindedness, the incessant repeating of the same things over and over, and the inability to relate in a normal fashion to others are all symptoms of a spectrum disorder.

Autism normally sets in during the first 3 years of life, but has been known to present itself even later.

A clinical diagnosis would make many of the things you do and say a lot more understandable, and we'd be able to take those factors into account when dealing with you.

Seek help now...before it's too late.

Here's some resources

Crazydoc and Subtractor: I didnt know there were so many Phoenicians here at the BBS. Glad to see you. Im wondering if DJL has anything else to say.

J

Alan,

alanhyatt said:
Get this through your head. WE ARE BUILDING THE CAPSULE IN THE USA.

Well, I'm still pretty sure Stephen said something about getting some diaphragms from Sennheiser/Neumann... but, I can't remember the user ID name that Stephen Paul used on this forum so I can do a search and double check what he said... do you know what his user ID name here was? Also, when and where in the USA did you build your diaphragm factory?

Oh, and if Stephen Paul gave the final "go"... why haven't you got the parts he ok'ed yet?

Last edited:
BTW, nice try giving your own thread 5 stars...

I dropped it down to 3.

Could I get a little help from a few of you to get it back down to one please?

Every single one of your questions has been answered with perhaps far more patience than they deserve earlier in this same thread. Did you not read Harvey's answers to your post on page one?

Someone on another thread accused you of being "Rain Man-like", in that one of your favorite tactics is to keep repeating the same question word for word over and over again no matter how anyone answers it. I see you've gone back to it again. I personally don't believe you actually are autistic, but you are making a compelling case for arrested emotional development.

It's not any news that there are some people who engage in anti-social behavior purely for the vicarious thrill of observing the havoc that they wreak with little or no regard for any inconvenience or suffering they cause to others. People who create computer viruses are a good example of this, as are many pyromaniacs. Are you honestly trying to become someone of that ilk? Because it seems you are well on your way.

The audio community is surprisingly small. Causing everyone you come into contact with to regard you with disgust is not in your own self-interest. You never know, someday you might get serious about audio, and you might find yourself needing advice and/or assistance from the very community you take so much pleasure in alienating.

subtractor said:
BTW, nice try giving your own thread 5 stars...

I dropped it down to 3.

Could I get a little help from a few of you to get it back down to one please?
I don't use the star things... but, I just bumped it down one for you.

Do you have any info about the Stephen Paul mic or are you just here to poke flames at me like most of the other kids on this forum?

Last edited:
littledog,

He didn't answer when and where in the USA he built his diaphragm factory, or why his hasn't got the parts that Stephen approved yet.

Do you remember what Stephen Paul's user name on this forum was?

Last edited:
DJL said:
I'm pretty sure I remembering him saying something about getting the diaphragms from Sennheiser/Neumann... I tried doing a search on this forum to see if I could find something about it, but I can't remember what ID name he used here... do you remember?

When and where in the USA did you build your diaphragm factory?

Man getting any info about the Stephen Paul mic from you sales people is like trying to pull a horse tooth.

alanhyatt said:
What part of I am not releasing any information until after the microphone is released do you not understand?

The above answer you got before is all you'll get and you'll just have to learn to live with that. This will always be the response you'll get in regards to any future questions you might have about any products of ours that we feel are necessary to protect.

DJL said:
littledog,

He didn't answer when and where in the USA he built his diaphragm factory,

if this question is serious and not just some stupid attempt at being demeaning, i would assume that the answer would be that they're contracting the manufacturing out to a pre-existing factory in the USA.

edit: or, perhaps, just some special company secret. :cool:

DJL,

I see that you have over 2k posts on this board so something does not gel. Usually people who act like this are newbies and leave soon.

Can you tell us, what exactly is your beef with PMI? and I mean exactly.

Contrary to what you think, not everybody is on the PMI bandwagon, and not everyone thinks that the c1 sounds just like a u87, but dang, do you see anybody else resorting to immature behavior to get a point accross?

and, if you must know, it is not PMI or stephen paul that were saying "buy it" as you claimed earlier. It is people who know the value of stephen Paul's work that signed themselves up for his mic, and with good reason. How people choose to spend their money is really none of your business.

DJ,

Maybe, just maybe, this information is let out only on a "Need To Know" basis............................somehow I don't think you will ever fall into the NTK category.

Please enlighten us as to why you think anyone should be told anything about this mic prior to it's release, especially considering what happened to Stephen Paul in the past.

:cool:

bleyrad said:
if this question is serious and not just some stupid attempt at being demeaning, i would assume that the answer would be that they're contracting the manufacturing out to a pre-existing factory in the USA.
You mean Shure? Yeah it's a serious question... and PMI should give an answer... maybe, if you ask Alan he will tell when and where he built his diaphragm factory and why he hasn't got the parts he said Stephen approved yet.

Last edited:
DJL said:
Alan,

Well, I'm still pretty sure Stephen said something about getting some diaphragms from Sennheiser/Neumann... but, I can't remember the user ID name that Stephen Paul used on this forum so I can do a search and double check what he said... do you know what his user ID name here was?

His user name was s_paul, and good look finding anything. He mentioned something about using a capsule that was rejected by Neumann and/or Sennheiser, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Oh, and if Stephen Paul gave the final "go"... why haven't you got the parts he ok'ed yet?

I know nothing about microphone design, but i'm guessing it's because they are having a large quantity of custom parts made for this, and that takes time. Honestly, it's not anyone's business but their own, and it doesn't matter. I think you're taking this a bit too far.

travis

ignition said:
His user name was s_paul, and good look finding anything. He mentioned something about using a capsule that was rejected by Neumann and/or Sennheiser, maybe that's what you're thinking of.
Yeah, that was the post I was trying to remember... where is the thread, got a quick link? Thanks

Back