Ah what the hell. Might as well post this.

The so-called "similarity" with your music and Zappa is more about the tongue-in-cheek song titles and "nothing is sacred" attitude, more than the music itself. Zappa does have small bursts of 160bpm punk-ish explosions, but that's where it ends.

Yeah I figured it had to be something like that. Irreverence. I'm on board with that. But it aint because of Zappa. It's because I'm happily an unapologetic asshole.

Irreverence.
That's the word I was looking for. Yeah, you don't need to know Zappa to have it. But people will say there's a similarity because of it.

As far as my music, I have no idea how anyone hears Zappa in it. Not this particular song, anyway. But hey, I'm good with it. It's better than saying I sound like U fucking 2 or something.

That's the word I was looking for. Yeah, you don't need to know Zappa to have it. But people will say there's a similarity because of it.

As far as my music, I have no idea how anyone hears Zappa in it. Not this particular song, anyway. But hey, I'm good with it. It's better than saying I sound like U fucking 2 or something.

I think maybe because most of your music often has a funky rock kind of groove to it. The little bit of Zappa I've heard has that same kind of funky rock vibe thing going on.

I always end up saying the same thing over and over when you post a new tune so I'll just say, "I like it!"

Hey Rami,

Not Bad...not bad at all!! You're right tho, pay a little attention to the mix. I like it!!
Thanx a lot! Not sure what you mean by "pay attention to the mix", though. That's all I did for a whole day, while......mixing. :)
I always end up saying the same thing over and over when you post a new tune so I'll just say, "I like it!"
Thanx Duder. No back vocals in this one, so you can't tell me they're not loud enough. :D

The so-called "similarity" with your music and Zappa is more about the tongue-in-cheek song titles and "nothing is sacred" attitude, more than the music itself. Zappa does have small bursts of 160bpm punk-ish explosions, but that's where it ends.

Exactly. The music is nothing similar, but both guys are honest, iconoclastic, scathing and funny.

both guys are honest, iconoclastic, scathing and funny.
Holy shit, man. If you want to suck his dick, just send him some flowers. :D

(I hope DM60 doesn't see this. I made a harmless joke yesterday about scratching my balls (not his), and he got all offended, told me he's giving me the finger, and then came into another thread to tell me to check my "demeanor") :laughings:

So let me clarify that I was JUST JOKING about the dick-sucking....shit be getting a little too serious around here. :eek:

Holy shit, man. If you want to suck his dick, just send him some flowers. :D

(I hope DM60 doesn't see this. I made a harmless joke yesterday about scratching my balls (not his), and he got all offended, told me he's giving me the finger, and then came into another thread to tell me to check my "demeanor") :laughings:

So let me clarify that I was JUST JOKING about the dick-sucking....shit be getting a little too serious around here. :eek:

I wouldn't of mentioned Frank Zappa. I know who Zappa is. Yo but, I can't think of a single song of his I've heard where I thought "this is great". I've heard a few that made me think he's a total freak! So, yeah it seems more to me like a Canadian Ron Jeremy. :p

Last edited:
Needs more cowbell.....not! I enjoy your original and authentic music much more than anything considered "commercial" today. Leave the "professionals" out of it. You're doing just fine. Oops, ran out of quotation marks....

Needs more cowbell.....not! I enjoy your original and authentic music much more than anything considered "commercial" today. Leave the "professionals" out of it. You're doing just fine. Oops, ran out of quotation marks....
Thanx Ron. I really appreciate that. Still can't help and be curious how they would sound. Not that it really matters. This is just a fun hobby for me, nothing more. :cool:

The Zappa? Wow! that's a new one. Don't really listen to a lot of Zappa, but I do love some of his stuff.

I don't throw that lightly, he had a great way to approach the listener with the way he mixed and song construction. Its more of an attitude of perfect imperfection. Not comparing you to him so much as his style but from a mix listener point. After all this is a mix forum.

I have actually been looking at this post for a few days and have put off listening to it because I was in a good mood, I am recording with the new gear for the first time tomorrow. I should have waited until Sunday to listen. now I'm depressed! the drums are killer, the snare/bass/guitar runs are off the hook. I love it. when I read the lyrics, I was thinking this is gonna be tough to pull off. I was wrong!:D

Back