Ah what the hell. Might as well post this.

Listening at home on my system (different from before).

I was seeing if I picked up the boom in the gutiars like Greg was saying. I guess I'm hearing a bit on the crunch guitar on the left. But not a whole lot.

What I'm hearing on my home monitors is some midrange that is competing with the vocal. I wonder if a gentle cut in the 2400hz range might improve thing just a bit. Maybe give it a try and see.

Listening at home on my system (different from before).

I was seeing if I picked up the boom in the gutiars like Greg was saying. I guess I'm hearing a bit on the crunch guitar on the left. But not a whole lot.

What I'm hearing on my home monitors is some midrange that is competing with the vocal. I wonder if a gentle cut in the 2400hz range might improve thing just a bit. Maybe give it a try and see.

I'll give the guitar on the left a good listen. I have to put his tune away for a while at this point.

Thanx for all the help.

I'm playing this game with myself. I'm wondering if I'd like stuff like this better if it was commercially produced. I doubt it. Either it wouldn't be any better than this, or I'd prefer this anyway. You're Batman, Rami. I get to play along, even. Doesn't get better.

I'm playing this game with myself. I'm wondering if I'd like stuff like this better if it was commercially produced. I doubt it. Either it wouldn't be any better than this, or I'd prefer this anyway. You're Batman, Rami.
So, what you're saying is that it sounds like shit and even the best production in the world couldn't get you to like this song? That hurts.

:D

Thanx man. I would love to hear it professionally produced just to hear how much better/different it would sound.

So would I.

Not much difference, I'm guessing. Not so as I'd care. Will it be the batcar tonight, m'lord? Or the bicycle?

The Zappa? Wow! that's a new one. Don't really listen to a lot of Zappa, but I do love some of his stuff.

I've had people drop that weird Zappa comparison on me too. I don't get it at all. There's not one ounce of Zappa in my music.

I've had people drop that weird Zappa comparison on me too. I don't get it at all. There's not one ounce of Zappa in my music.

Or.....Maybe the point is this:

There's a little Zappa in all of us, whether we like it or not. :eek:

Of course not. But your attitude and Zappa's attitude are joined at the hip.

---------- Update ----------

We're all a little bit gay, too.

Well, maybe in the sense that when I'm jerking off, I'm having sex with a man. But that's about it for me. :D

Me, myself and I
We gonna have a good time, my my
yeah, we're gonna try to hit the bullseye. :D

Come on now, Rami. Sing along, could be a new song. Lol.

Maybe. It's quite possible my own influences were influenced by Zappa in some way. He just has no influence on me directly. I can't name or identify by ear one single Zappa song. I know who his stupid kids are though.

Maybe. It's quite possible my own influences were influenced by Zappa in some way. He just has no influence on me directly. I can't name or identify by ear one single Zappa song. I know who his stupid kids are though.

The so-called "similarity" with your music and Zappa is more about the tongue-in-cheek song titles and "nothing is sacred" attitude, more than the music itself. Zappa does have small bursts of 160bpm punk-ish explosions, but that's where it ends.

Back