Ah what the hell. Might as well post this.

For anyone who might care.....

I replaced the EPi SG track on the left with a heavier Gibson SG track that I had muted. Hopefully, the guitars are ballsier this way.

I also brought up the vocals a bit.

Same link in the OP.

And here:

Chinny Chin Chin

For anyone who might care.....

I replaced the EPi SG track on the left with a heavier Gibson SG track that I had muted. Hopefully, the guitars are ballsier this way.

I also brought up the vocals a bit.

Same link in the OP.

And here:

Chinny Chin Chin

Yes, that is better to me. Ballsier. Good tone. I'm still getting this weird boom-ish resonance in the guitar tracks. From my own experience it sounds like some speaker woof in the 150hz general range, but that's for you to decide.

Yes, that is better to me. Ballsier. Good tone. I'm still getting this weird boom-ish resonance in the guitar tracks. From my own experience it sounds like some speaker woof in the 150hz general range, but that's for you to decide.

Thanx man. Weird, I heard that too, which made me high pass the gits at 200hz. I usually shelf them, but this is a high pass. I'll see what it can be. But at least the Gibson track is better than the Epi track. That was step one. :D

Thanx man. Weird, I heard that too, which made me high pass the gits at 200hz. I usually shelf them, but this is a high pass. I'll see what it can be. But at least the Gibson track is better than the Epi track. That was step one. :D

I generally like shelves better myself. It's weird though that a high pass as far up as 200 didn't get it out. Maybe see if you can sweep it and just notch that area out. It seems like something down there in the low mids.

Rendering right now, so all audio plays double speed. Have to listen after a reboot. :) (just following for now)

Sounded good at double speed (you would make a great chipmunk) :laughings:

I love the Blackmore/Deep Purple feel--first impression from the intro. :)

Only heard the second, but the guitar tones are nice...really nice. Maybe it's just me, but did you put the lead right of center? Didn't expect that...not that it's a problem, just unusual.

My wife loves the words...honestly didn't even hear them the first time through.

The kickout at the end is pretty fun, but the tone on the lead is a bit biting to the ears on the 18th+ fret range...especially the bend. Maybe just a bit less presence.

No real nits at all. Just some personal opinions you are welcome to ignore! :D

Def better than the idea I posted today. :guitar:

I shouldn't have over-laid the first file. Oh well.

But anyway, I think that guitar on the left sounds better to me. I'd still like it a bit thicker myself. Just me tho. It sounds great as it is.

Sounded good at double speed (you would make a great chipmunk) :laughings:
HEE! :D

I love the Blackmore/Deep Purple feel--first impression from the intro. :)
Cool. That didn't even cross my mind, but now that you mention it, I sort of hear it. I've been listening to a lot of old Deep Purple lately.

Only heard the second, but the guitar tones are nice...really nice. Maybe it's just me, but did you put the lead right of center? Didn't expect that...not that it's a problem, just unusual.
Cool. Yeah, I didn't do the"standard" double the rythm guitar and put the lead in the middle. I just have one rythm guitar panned 50% left, and the other guitar track panned 50% right. The leads are 25% to the right. It didn't seem to me that this tune needed the doubled funky guitar.

My wife loves the words...honestly didn't even hear them the first time through.
Tell her thanx for me. :) I think this tune is filled with a bunch of clever lines. But maybe she can tell us both what the song actually means, because I have no idea :eek:

The kickout at the end is pretty fun, but the tone on the lead is a bit biting to the ears on the 18th+ fret range...especially the bend. Maybe just a bit less presence.
I know, it's awesome isn't it??? :D Piercing. I'm bending on the 24th fret! I know it hurts, but I love it. :D

Thanx a lot Broken. :cool:

Def better than the idea I posted today. :guitar:
I didn't know you posted anything. I'll check it out.

I shouldn't have over-laid the first file. Oh well.

But anyway, I think that guitar on the left sounds better to me. I'd still like it a bit thicker myself. Just me tho. It sounds great as it is.

Thanx. I'm glad they're better. I'll listen to them more critically later on. I want to try to address your issue as well as Greg's rumbling issue.

RAMI,
I really dig the false ending - sucked me in twice.
The dirty gtr works a treat.
More lyrics dystopia to keep me happy too.
You, as a rhythm section, certainly lock in tight. I'd love to hear this on a big PA - I bet the kick kicks.
Cool song, syncopated, funky and rockin'.
Thanks for the breath of fresh air.

As usual, I liked it. you always do good stuff. Everything is crisp clear and clean. Ok, now that the gratuitous back patting is over.......:D

I monitor on NS 10s. Have for years. Guitars and vocals tend to be the most forward with bass being shy.

Your song on them (NS10s) is the other way around. The bass is way out front with the guitars being in the background. and the vocals tending to be a bit "shy" in the beginning of the tune. The bass is hotter than the many commercial releases I've heard on the same monitors.

Ah, no big deal. All that stuff is subjective. I just wonder how it translates. If some one listened with some KRKs with the already exaggerated bass, it might be too much.

The intro jumped out at me, but not in a "Yeah!" way. Sounds too much like that earlier tune you posted.

That's it. Good work, I'm just being picky.

:D

RAMI,
I really dig the false ending - sucked me in twice.
The dirty gtr works a treat.
More lyrics dystopia to keep me happy too.
You, as a rhythm section, certainly lock in tight. I'd love to hear this on a big PA - I bet the kick kicks.
Cool song, syncopated, funky and rockin'.
Thanks for the breath of fresh air.
Thanx Ray. I appreciate that.
As usual, I liked it. you always do good stuff. Everything is crisp clear and clean. Ok, now that the gratuitous back patting is over.......:D

I monitor on NS 10s. Have for years. Guitars and vocals tend to be the most forward with bass being shy.

Your song on them (NS10s) is the other way around. The bass is way out front with the guitars being in the background. and the vocals tending to be a bit "shy" in the beginning of the tune. The bass is hotter than the many commercial releases I've heard on the same monitors.

Ah, no big deal. All that stuff is subjective. I just wonder how it translates. If some one listened with some KRKs with the already exaggerated bass, it might be too much.

The intro jumped out at me, but not in a "Yeah!" way. Sounds too much like that earlier tune you posted.

That's it. Good work, I'm just being picky.

:D
Is there where I'm supposed to start crying because you didn't tell me it was awesome all the way through???? :D

I'll look into all that. Greg already mentioned bringing the guitars up earlier, which I did. maybe it needs more guitar or less bass.....or both. Thanx a lot, man.

Dude man. Man, dude. Great work... Yeah I got nothin' - this is fantastic. I gave it five listens trying to find something. I did start to have some ear fatigue, but that could be that I listened to it five times in a row. If it's an actual issue, it seemed to be the high end of the guitars, specifically the higher octave one playing on the left. Just a little too sizzlin'. But again, that could just be the fact that I listen to music loudly and, again, I seriously listened five times trying to find ANYTHING. So, what I'm saying is, take that as a grain of salt. Nice one!

TheLurker

Dude man. Man, dude. Great work... Yeah I got nothin' - this is fantastic. I gave it five listens trying to find something. I did start to have some ear fatigue, but that could be that I listened to it five times in a row. If it's an actual issue, it seemed to be the high end of the guitars, specifically the higher octave one playing on the left. Just a little too sizzlin'. But again, that could just be the fact that I listen to music loudly and, again, I seriously listened five times trying to find ANYTHING. So, what I'm saying is, take that as a grain of salt. Nice one!

TheLurker

Thanx man, really. You might have your speaker wires reversed because the high octave guitar is on the right. But either way, I get what you're saying, just letting you know.

I really appreciate that. :cool:

Last edited:
Is there where I'm supposed to start crying because you didn't tell me it was awesome all the way through???? :D

I'll look into all that. Greg already mentioned bringing the guitars up earlier, which I did. maybe it needs more guitar or less bass.....or both. Thanx a lot, man.

By all means, I don't want to make you cry. Don't think I could anyway. :D

I never heard a second version. Just basing my observations on the first mix posted.

By all means, I don't want to make you cry. Don't think I could anyway. :D

I never heard a second version. Just basing my observations on the first mix posted.

No, you did (hear the last version....not make me cry). :D

The links don't change, but the versions do. So, if you listened around the time you posted, you heard the latest version. If you listened yesterday and posted today, then you did hear an old version.

Back