A single photograph of the Earth from space.

Here's another thought - the authorities that perpetrated the hoax managed to ensure no one (of the 100,000s involved in the project) talked for 45+ years, but they couldn't stop these films describing the hoax going out on mainstream TV channels and YouTube. Seems a bit suspect, doesn't it?

That doesn't matter. RAMI has the proof.

Last edited:
Here's another thought - the authorities that perpetrated the hoax managed to ensure no one (of the 100,000s involved in the project) talked for 45+ years, but they couldn't stop these films describing the hoax going out on mainstream TV channels and YouTube. Seems a bit suspect, doesn't it?

The hoax rumours are part of the hoax. It was decided early on that a certain number of people would have to be paid to act sceptical, otherwise it would seem TOO pat. It's sort of like the police discounting as lies statements by suspects if they are too identical.

RAMI is clearly in on the plot and probably pays for his home studio with NSA/CIA money!

Shhhhhh....you know the first rule of conspiracy club is "don't talk about conspiracy club".

Lol. :laughings: Every photograph is a composite - a digital photograph is composed of tiny, differently-coloured squares. It's still a photograph. Anyway, Rami, you've failed to understand what you have read. The image that has been taken for scientific purposes i.e. weather prediction, is a composite of COMPLETE IMAGES taken at different wavelengths in order to glean the maximum amount of information. The wavelength could be from any useful area of the spectrum, including infra-red, radio, visible light, ultra-violet and so-on. The reasons for this are many, but a useful one is to penetrate through cloud cover.The whole Earth IS in every picture, but they might be overlaid to get a full-colour photograph.
you're trying to present science to people who think science is subject to beliefs. As such it's a waste of time because of the fundamental lack of understanding basic science.
Further, have you even noticed that such folks always dismiss ANYthing that runs counter to their beliefs and accept ANYthing that supports it?

They're the holocaust deniers of science and it's a complete and total waste of time trying to even discuss such things with them.
The 'no stars visible' thing when it's well explained that it's because the stars are relatively faint compared to the light from the moons surface and so they don't show up.
Or the 'his suit should be dark and invisible because he's in shadow' when all you have to do is hold a piece of paper against a wall to see how much light is reflected from its surface.

It goes on and on .... and it's not that they're stupid per se ...... they just want to believe or not believe and they're every bit as closed minded as some redneck who insists the civil war wasn't fought over slavery.

I don't waste time on them and instead, think about how much the average IQ of the earth will go up when they croak. Not that I want them to croak .... but when they do a darkness of dumbness will recede a tiny bit.

Last edited:
MK Ultra
Project 4.1
Aversion Project
Tuskegee Syphilis Study
Unit 731
The Holocaust
Juche

Science isn't subject to beliefs, but people are, and people practice science.

Yet there are those who persist in their belief that the Holocaust was all a propaganda hoax.

Right ..... which was my point. Of course no one died from a moon hoax.
But the mindset is the same.

Even though the holocaust, one of the most horrible cases of human depravity and cruelty in modern history, absolutely happened ..... with tens of thousands of eye witnesses ...... countless photographs ...... miles of film footage ....... an absolutely undeniable event; there are those that weave 'explanations' of how it was faked.

Those arguments only hold water if you want to believe them regardless of any other facts.
The same is true of science deniers.
It's absurd that supposedly intelligent people can be so determined to believe something that has been proven to be incorrect over and over and over.

A single photograph of Earth has been around since 1972, taken by the Apollo 17 crew. AS17-148-22726 is the catalog number, and it's referred to as the "blue marble" photo. It's a famous photo. It's one of several non-composite photographs that shows an entire hemisphere of the Earth from space, all taken as Apollo 17 sped away. You can view the entire series here:

Apollo Image Atlas, 70mm Hasselblad Image Catalog

Also there was the famous photo taken by the Apollo 8 crew while orbiting the moon, with the Earth rising over the lunar surface. Its catalog number is AS8-14-2383, nicknamed "Earthrise". It's another famous photo. It doesn't show an entire hemisphere of the Earth due to the Earth's position relative to the sun at the time the photo was taken (a little less than half of Earth is obscured by shadow). But it was taken by a single camera, with no stitching together of smaller photos.

Stitched-together composite satellite images are useful because the photos can be sifted through to minimize cloud cover, providing much more useful composite images of a cloudless Earth, instead of having large swaths covered by weather systems.

A little research goes a long ways...I don't see grounds for deniability here.

That's a particularly pretty one from the Torygraph. I might get one for the wall of my house.

There's also a cool one taken recently of the moon passing in front of the earth

Right ..... which was my point. Of course no one died from a moon hoax.
But the mindset is the same.

Even though the holocaust, one of the most horrible cases of human depravity and cruelty in modern history, absolutely happened ..... with tens of thousands of eye witnesses ...... countless photographs ...... miles of film footage ....... an absolutely undeniable event; there are those that weave 'explanations' of how it was faked.

Those arguments only hold water if you want to believe them regardless of any other facts.
The same is true of science deniers.
It's absurd that supposedly intelligent people can be so determined to believe something that has been proven to be incorrect over and over and over.

My thoughts too, Boob. Anyway, I'm happy to let this fall to the bottom now, but I'll continue to post interesting astronomical observations as and when they occur.

My thoughts too, Boob. Anyway, I'm happy to let this fall to the bottom now, but I'll continue to post interesting astronomical observations as and when they occur.

Please do.

I'm bored with the argument (you can't fight a "belief" with facts) but I'm loving some of the great photographs of this planet of ours!

Back