Olympics Thread

Like...damn I can't even imagine how bad that hurt. Lady landed on her head and caught a concrete wall in the small of her back! Hurts to think about it lol

Yeah, Australia wins gold by beating their neighbours in a professional modified sport.

I now find myself pulling for the Russians. Everyone hates them. May the divine power of Putin propel them through the tracks and the fields and the water and the shuttlecocks.

I now find myself pulling for the Russians. Everyone hates them. May the divine power of Putin propel them through the tracks and the fields and the water and the shuttlecocks.

Lol did you see where the entire Russian Paralympic team was banned because of the doping scandal? Like even they were juicing. That's fucked up!

I've never understood what's supposed to matter more - total medals or gold medals? For me, I think gold medals matter more, but they keep tally like total medals means something. Fuck a bunch of silver and bronze medals. Gold medals go to the winner, and everyone else lost as far as I'm concerned.
Another name for silver medalist?

Loser! :D :D

Do you consider Michael Phelps to be the "world's greatest athlete", as the media is touting him to be? Yes, he's an athlete, and at his sport, he is further ahead of the competition than, say, LeBron James is. But is "athlete" particular to one sport, or is it a broad term to you that means "able to be good/dominant in many athletic domains"?

I see it as the second, so I'd say no, he isn't the greatest athlete. Someone like LeBron James could most likely excel in football or baseball, while MP might be stuck in his current role.

Do you consider Michael Phelps to be the "world's greatest athlete", as the media is touting him to be? Yes, he's an athlete, and at his sport, he is further ahead of the competition than, say, LeBron James is. But is "athlete" particular to one sport, or is it a broad term to you that means "able to be good/dominant in many athletic domains"?

I see it as the second, so I'd say no, he isn't the greatest athlete. Someone like LeBron James could most likely excel in football or baseball, while MP might be stuck in his current role.

I'll just put this here for fun. :)

Tim Tebow Trying out for MLB - Rolling Stone

Back