music's lowest common denominator

fat_fleet,
they stopped making vinyl Birthday Party & Bad Seeds for a while. I don't mean the industry - just the 80s early 90s period when it was CD or nothing for most releases.
That was a sad, hollow period but the music industry made squillions selling CDs of albums that hadn't been remastered for CD.

fat_fleet,
they stopped making vinyl Birthday Party & Bad Seeds for a while. I don't mean the industry - just the 80s early 90s period when it was CD or nothing for most releases.
That was a sad, hollow period but the music industry made squillions selling CDs of albums that hadn't been remastered for CD.

Did someone say "birthday party"? ;)

Oh. My. God. Watching this makes me worry because I have daughters. Please don't let them get wound up with these people.

fat_fleet,

I looked up Tender Prey (the last one i remember) on ebay and was pretty suprised what sellers are asking for the vinyl.

Oh. My. God. Watching this makes me worry because I have daughters. Please don't let them get wound up with these people.

I don't see this much different than the much touted Woodstock. Just a new generation.

Yeah, I think in general it's no different from any other music-centered youth movement that parents have ever feared and hated (all of them).

I don't see this much different than the much touted Woodstock. Just a new generation.

Except a bit dumber, maybe. But essentially that, yeah.

"Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild
Born to be wild"

A belief which, if adhered to, makes you stupid.

Yeah, I think in general it's no different from any other music-centered youth movement that parents have ever feared and hated (all of them).

No, it's different. Woodstock people were just stupid fucking hippies. Juggalos are disgusting vile pieces of human garbage.

Watched a few snippets from various sections. Basically 60's hippie culture with a bit of wiggerism and high-fructose corn syrup mixed in. These people would have fit right in at Woodstock and vice-versa.

Juggalos are disgusting vile pieces of human garbage.

Given that you feel this way about people merely for offending your sensibilities by their appearance and comportment I'm curious what terms of derision you reserve for those who actually do deliberate harm to others - rapists, child molesters etc.?

Given that you feel this way about people merely for offending your sensibilities by their appearance and comportment I'm curious what terms of derision you reserve for those who actually do deliberate harm to others - rapists, child molesters etc.?

I call them brassplyers. They're actually worse than rapists and child molesters. Brassplyers squirm up from the depths of the cave bumping dead threads because the cave gets slow sometimes and brassplyers gotta get their fix.

I call them brassplyers. They're actually worse than rapists and child molesters. Brassplyers squirm up from the depths of the cave bumping dead threads because the cave gets slow sometimes and brassplyers gotta get their fix.
:laughings: !!!

Back