I'm ready for some football.

Almost. But at least RGIII had one great season.

Yup, he did, a great rookie season, and it's the worst thing that could have happened for him as far as football goes. He believed his own hype and here we are. That's the WORST thing a player or team can do. He can't run anymore, he can't throw, he isn't a good teammate, he doesn't know how to work and/or prepare like a professional QB, and all of his confidence is broken. He got his money though.

Haha the boy broke himself just by running around! Granted, the tremendous amount of sacks he takes probably doesn't help. But yeah I feel that he is broken :(

And it's not like his style of play can't work. Russel Wilson makes plays with his legs all the time and doesn't really throw super well. But Russel Wilson is smart. Bob isn't. Russel Wilson never gets clobbered. Bobby G3PO gets hit more in one game than Wilson does in an entire season. Seems that way anyway. Wilson runs out of bounds for a first down, Bobby G gets bodyslammed out of bounds for a loss of 5.

I so badly wanted Bob to play against the Colts so we can see a real deal QB star in the making, and trainwreck flop QB from the same draft class.

It's almost like a Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf story.

Except the Colts got Luck for one pick and the Skins got RGIII for four picks.

Is there a more epic game this week than Pats/Packers?I love what the Pats got going, but Rogers/Nelson/Cobb scare the crap out of me.

Is there a more epic game this week than Pats/Packers?I love what the Pats got going, but Rogers/Nelson/Cobb scare the crap out of me.

On paper it's the biggest game of the year so far.

The Packers have a good offense, but their defense is weak. I'm hoping home field advantage works for us.

I'm betting you see a lot of Eddy Lacy.

Eagles fan here. Yeah, they should, especially those first two.

Someone I was talking to earlier tonight was saying he thinks Revis can shut down Nelson. If he can, you guys are halfway to a win.

At this point it appears to be a Super Bowl preview. They are currently the scariest two teams in football. I think the Pats are a better overall team from top to bottom, but the Packers score so fast at home they can make the Pats play keep-up the whole game.

I think the cheeseheads win this one for no other reason than home field advantage.

If them Horns weren't such douchebags they'd be playing the Aggies today like they're supposed to.

Instead, the Aggies broke up with the prettiest girl in school and went on to date an international supermodel. :D

If them Horns weren't such douchebags they'd be playing the Aggies today like they're supposed to.

Instead, the Aggies broke up with the prettiest girl in school and went on to date an international supermodel. :D

There was talk about bringing the Texas/A&M game back next year, but then I heard it isn't going to happen. All because of TV contracts. So fucked up.

When I lived in Austin in the 90's, I worked at one of the biggest companies in town. Lots of Longhorn and Aggie employees, so the rivalry was huge; and fun.

Yeah, you're analogy is pretty accurate.

Today, we're up against TCU who is near the top 10, I think. We've been improving a lot this season, so it'll be interesting. Either a blow-out or we're in the hunt. Can't wait to watch.

TCU is good, but like most teams this year, they play no defense. I think they're too good for Texas though.

But damn, how sad is it that here we are on thanksgiving day, rivalry weekend, 100 year old mega traditional classic legendary rivalry matchups, and Texas is playing little ol TCU?

Lol. They merged in like 1966. The AFL was always the little brother until the Jets upset the Colts in Super Bowl III in 1969. I think by the time Super Bowl V came around the AFL and NFL played under the NFL league umbrella as AFC and NFC conferences. The NFL as we know it now started around 1970.

Thanks for the reply Greg, I have always wondered what happened to the AFL. A little anecdote, in the 7th grade, sometime in the 1960s, on a social studies test, there was a question about what the acronyms AF of L/CIO stood for. Well the teacher didn't put the "of" in AF of L which was how he always referred to it so I reasoned that he meant American Football League rather than the American Federation of Labor. I was wrong and got into a bit of trouble for that. :facepalm:

Thanks for the reply Greg, I have always wondered what happened to the AFL. A little anecdote, in the 7th grade, sometime in the 1960s, on a social studies test, there was a question about what the acronyms AF of L/CIO stood for. Well the teacher didn't put the "of" in AF of L which was how he always referred to it so I reasoned that he meant American Football League rather than the American Federation of Labor. I was wrong and got into a bit of trouble for that. :facepalm:

Yeah, the 60s were tough on everyone. So were the 80s. Glad we moved on. :D

Back