I'm ready for some football.

yay for the offense picking it up ...... :)

But WTF with this defense?
After the way he improved the defense last year I felt certain that Ryan would have them slammin' this year.
But lord ..... that's as poor a defense as I've ever seen outta the Saints.
:(

Love to have the dome patrol with the Brees offense .... that'd be a bad-ass team.
But

The terrible defense makes the offense always have to play from behind which means the offense is one dimensional, predictable, and Drew's natural tendency to take risks and do everything puts us in bad positions.

Goddamn, just as I typed that Drew throws a pick-six. :facepalm:

No, that would be Tampa. The Saints might still have a chance at winning their division. They've got Carolina, Chicago and Tampa coming up. That's gotta help.

Right, as bad as the Saints are playing, they can still win their shithole division! That means we get a home playoff game, for whatever that's worth. Anything can happen at that point. It looks bleak, but you don't tank now. No way. Imagine the protests and hand-wringing that would happen if a crappy 6-10 Saints team wins the division, hosts a playoff game, gets hot, and actually wins the Super Bowl! That would be the most awesomest thing ever. :laughings:

Won't happen, but within the current playoff structure the possibility is there.

But speaking of draft....my Saints better use every pick on a DB.

I have no idea why the NFL insists on 4 divisions per conference. None of the bums in the NFC south belong in the playoffs. Oh well, if a loser team is going to steal a spot from a deserving team, hopefully the team that gets screwed will be the cowbitches.

I suspect there will be some changes to the playoff format with the NFC South being as bad as it is. 6-10 can win that division and give the winner a home playoff game while some 11 win team sits on the couch. That's not right. When Seattle won their division at 7-9 it was kind of funny.....except that an 11-5 Saints team had to go there and lose in the rain and muck of that stupid hippie shit-ass city. But on the other hand, this hardly ever happens. Most of the time everything works out like it's supposed to.

My hope is that the Saints win the division, get a home playoff game, steal a playoff win at home, fuck some other team in the ass, piss the world off, then the NFL can make some changes after the season. We got fucked by having to to Shitattle with a really good record, so let us buttfuck someone back and then scrap the format.

And lol @ Bobby Griffin.

I have a question, what happened to the AFL. When I was a little fella we had the AFL and the NFL. I stopped paying attention to football for 30 years or so and when I did, no more AFL. WTF.

I have a question, what happened to the AFL. When I was a little fella we had the AFL and the NFL. I stopped paying attention to football for 30 years or so and when I did, no more AFL. WTF.

Lol. They merged in like 1966. The AFL was always the little brother until the Jets upset the Colts in Super Bowl III in 1969. I think by the time Super Bowl V came around the AFL and NFL played under the NFL league umbrella as AFC and NFC conferences. The NFL as we know it now started around 1970.

RGIII benched. Oh well he looked like total ass last week. Kept holding the ball. Never adjusted, never learned. The benching is warranted. I'm sure it hurts that much more since it's against Andrew Luck's team.

I still think the guy has a lot of talent and it's not too late for him to stop focusing on his brand and all that other superficial bullshit and turn himself back into a football player.

I so badly wanted Bob to play against the Colts so we can see a real deal QB star in the making, and trainwreck flop QB from the same draft class.

It's almost like a Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf story.

RGIII benched. Oh well he looked like total ass last week. Kept holding the ball. Never adjusted, never learned. The benching is warranted. I'm sure it hurts that much more since it's against Andrew Luck's team.

I still think the guy has a lot of talent and it's not too late for him to stop focusing on his brand and all that other superficial bullshit and turn himself back into a football player.

Yeah, there's talk now that we might try to trade him in the offseason. If it were up to me I'd just let him finish out the games this season to at least better know where he stands.

Back