I'm ready for some football.

Whew, I don't wanna say we stole that one because we did dominate most of the game, but we got a little lucky there at the end. Geaux Tigers!

Bad day on the Texas front. But we knew this was going to happen.

I don't know what to think about Charlie Strong. On one hand I think his totalitarian style doesn't resonate with today's coddled pussified spoiled young athlete. But on the other hand, NFL coaches and players respect the guy, and even seek his counsel, so maybe there's something there. Maybe he's on to something. Maybe he can start a trend of winning with high character athletes instead of the thugs and cheats out there like Jameis Winston. What he needs is time and patience from the fans and boosters to get Texas turned around. Time in patience is a rare thing though in these "win now" times.

I agree. I was talking with a guy on a flight coming home the other day and he had zero patience for Charlie Strong. Complained that he was the 6th alternate, blah, blah, blah. I'm thinking, it's going to take a couple of years at least to turn the team around. He's gotta seed the team with players HE can work with. Not leftovers from Mack Brown. I thnk he's made decent gains in performance over last year, especially in tackling, but he still has a long ways to go. Can't turn a ship on a dime.

I don't agree about the coddled pussified spoiled brats. I am willing to believe there are a lot of high school coaches out there who are old school and push the kids hard and the parents harder.

Did you play football in high school? I was a wimpy band brat myself, but we had a really good marching band. :D I also did crew, which was a whole lot of fun.

Good first half. I figured Auburn would come out tough in this one after blowing their season a couple weeks ago.

We in Big Ten country can't compete with SEC football. Watch a Big Ten game and then watch a game with middle-to-upper tier SEC teams, the difference in athletes and coaching is ridiculous.

Good first half. I figured Auburn would come out tough in this one after blowing their season a couple weeks ago.

We in Big Ten country can't compete with SEC football. Watch a Big Ten game and then watch a game with middle-to-upper tier SEC teams, the difference in athletes and coaching is ridiculous.

I've been an LSU guy since birth and have always followed the SEC on the whole. Every conference has one or two really good teams, the SEC usually has half a dozen or more, and the conference has always been plagued by spoilers and cannibalism - particularly on these rivalry weekends.

Ole Miss fucked up Miss St today, and if Auburn beats Bama there could be no SEC teams in the final 4 playoff! :eek:

Can you imagine that? The best conference in college football having no teams in the final 4?

I've been an LSU guy since birth and have always followed the SEC on the whole. Every conference has one or two really good teams, the SEC usually has half a dozen or more, and the conference has always been plagued by spoilers and cannibalism - particularly on these rivalry weekends.

Ole Miss fucked up Miss St today, and if Auburn beats Bama there could be no SEC teams in the final 4 playoff! :eek:

Can you imagine that? The best conference in college football having no teams in the final 4?

As a football fan it would be ridiculous, but it would be funny trying to watch the fucking dummies in the committee trying to explain that one. A 2-loss SEC team West team would get in. No one from the East. I don't know if it's mathematically possible at this point for every team in the SEC West to have three or more losses, but if that happened, yeah, I guess it's possible. I actually kind of hope it does, just to see people get pissed off.

I wish they hadn't outlawed defense in football. 48-36 in the Iron Bowl with 5 minutes left. Bear Bryant is rolling over in his grave.

If Bama would have lost today, that'd be every team in the SEC with at least 2 losses - mostly as a result of playing each other. And Bama still would have gone to the SEC champ game with their 2 losses and will probably beat Mizzou. Is a 2 loss SEC winner more deserving than say TCU? I think so, but it's a moot point now. Bama won like they were supposed to. Now they gotta beat Mizzou and the SEC will be represented in the top 4.

The bigger story to me is that last spot. If everything stays the same the top 3 are easy - Bama, Oregon, Fl St....but that fourth team.....

I think it should be Ohio St, but they lost another QB today. Will probably be TCU.

If Bama would have lost today, that'd be every team in the SEC with at least 2 losses - mostly as a result of playing each other. And Bama still would have gone to the SEC champ game with their 2 losses and will probably beat Mizzou. Is a 2 loss SEC winner more deserving than say TCU?

I say yes, but I'm prejudiced against what I consider teams with gimmick offenses. They usually play in conferences with no good defenses, and they get housed when they finally play one. I think Alabama would stomp the shit out of them. That is my unscientific opinion.

Greg_L said:
The bigger story to me is that last spot. If everything stays the same the top 3 are easy - Bama, Oregon, Fl St....but that fourth team.....

I think it should be Ohio St, but they lost another QB today. Will probably be TCU.

I'm guessing the same. If so, and Bama wins the SEC Champ game, that would be the first-round matchup. I predict Bama by 17 more.

I say yes, but I'm prejudiced against what I consider teams with gimmick offenses. They usually play in conferences with no good defenses, and they get housed when they finally play one. I think Alabama would stomp the shit out of them. That is my unscientific opinion. I'm guessing the same. If so, and Bama wins the SEC Champ game, that would be the first-round matchup. I predict Bama by 17 more.
I agree. I hate gimmick teams with no defense. TCU has stiffened up in D a little bit over the past few weeks though. Like all of the teams this year, Bama is vulnerable. I think 9 times out of 10 Bama beats a gimmicky no defense team like TCU, but they have been known to get bitten in the ass by fluke shit and/or teams they feel are beneath them. It wouldn't totally shock me if TCU pulled out an upset on Bama.

Damn. The packers passing game looks pretty amazing. This looks like it's going to be tough for the pats. I don't think Green Bay turns the ball over much which is something I always hope for when we're down on the road.

Damn. The packers passing game looks pretty amazing. This looks like it's going to be tough for the pats. I don't think Green Bay turns the ball over much which is something I always hope for when we're down on the road.
Lookin' like the Pack is too much for the Pats!Can't get off the field on 3rd down.

Back