I'm ready for some football.

Carson Palmer is still around and has done well for himself.

How good would this guy have been if not for that cheap shot that blew out his knee in that playoff game 10 years ago, or whatever it was? I forget if that was his rookie or his second year, but he was kicking ass. Even on the play that he got taken out I remember he completed a 60-yard bomb. It was on the first series and the Bengals players were starting fights the rest of the game because they knew they were finished without him.

How good would this guy have been if not for that cheap shot that blew out his knee in that playoff game 10 years ago, or whatever it was? I forget if that was his rookie or his second year, but he was kicking ass. Even on the play that he got taken out I remember he completed a 60-yard bomb. It was on the first series and the Bengals players were starting fights the rest of the game because they knew they were finished without him.

He was doing pretty well in AZ too before blowing out his knee again last year. Then their backup hurt his knee. It all fell apart for AZ. If he could have gone to a team without a bunch of headcases (Bengals and Raiders) he might be more highly regarded in the grand scheme of things.

So uh, after Redskins fans recently rejoiced at getting a new GM who is allegedly a professional, his wife tweeted that an ESPN writer is getting stories by sucking his dick. She is now apologizing for saying it.

I shit you not.

Hooray for entertainment.

Oh, Redskins...keep on keeping on.

So, on the first roster cut day, did anyone's team lose a player or two that you're gonna miss? For the Chiefs, there was only 1 surprise. A WR that's been with us a few seasons. But given our WR status for the last several years, some turnover isn't going to hurt us one bit. Maybe this year a WR will catch a TD pass! Seriously, not 1 TD by a WR last season in KC.

22 more players to go by 3PM Saturday. I love that this year we're actually going to have to cut some quality prospects. That's a good sign that a team is relatively deep with 2nd tier guys.

My Saints cut Nick Toon WR and Vinnie Sunseri S. Neither made huge impacts, but they played enough to be household names for Saints fans. I'm a little surprised. Not that they were cut, but that they allowed themselves to be cut. They saw regular game action. Nick Toon was projected to get the #3 WR spot, but he got hurt and got passed up by new guys. Sunseri must have gotten especially bad because my Saints need defensive backs. I think they both cleared waivers and got put on IR. So they're not really cut, but they're not gonna be doing anything.

Toon rings a bell, I think I've seen him in action in a couple of the Saints' nationally televised games. I don't remember Sunseri though.

It's always a little surprising what coaches see in camp each year. I'm gaining a lot of confidence in Andy Reid's judgement. Some guys seem to just excel in camp...something about the atmosphere of it really brings out their best. So they bump ahead of other, more established guys. The trouble the Chiefs have had in recent years is that some of those camp superstars can't perform in real game action to save their lives (or at least their careers). Jonathan Baldwin was one of those guys. 1st round draft pick at WR, tore shit up every camp. Constantly made impressive athletic receptions in camp. His entire Chiefs career stats are 41 receptions for 579 yards and 1 TD. Camp just never translated to gameday. Reid traded him to San Fran after 2 seasons, and he was cut from there before long.

This year, I feel pretty damn good about the guys that are in camp. I think that several of our discards will be picked up by other teams, which is a big change. Usually all of our camp casualties are bagging groceries within a week.

So uh, after Redskins fans recently rejoiced at getting a new GM who is allegedly a professional, his wife tweeted that an ESPN writer is getting stories by sucking his dick. She is now apologizing for saying it.

I shit you not.

Hooray for entertainment.

Lol. This shit is hilarious. If Dianna Russini is not actually blowing dudes for news scoops, she should sue the fuck out this woman. That's textbook libel.

Anyone watching Hard Knocks? I've never watched it because they've never highlighted a team I'm interested in, but this year it's the Texans and while I'm not a fan they are the team of the city I live in.

It's pretty whatever, stupid Texans, but Vince Wilfork had the best line to date when JJ Watt asked him what kind of meat he's gonna get at the BBQ place. Wilfork said "All of it". :D

Whoa! Judge smacks down Goodell. Brady's suspension revoked.

Haha! Fuck you Roger Goodell, you piece of shit. You are the worst commissioner ever.

WOW!

I would have thought maybe reducing it to 1 or 2 games. But totally throwing it out? Amazing.

WOW!

I would have thought maybe reducing it to 1 or 2 games. But totally throwing it out? Amazing.

For me, I couldn't care less about Tom Brady. I like it because Goodell is shit. He's incompetent and inconsistent. He's heavy handed without having the facts, or at least enough proof to make his decisions stick. Roethlisberger, Saints bounty, Ray Rice, deflated footballs. He fucks it up every time and gets his shit overruled every time.

I think where Goodell really fucked up was not taking Brady's offer.
He would have still had the 4 game suspension and Brady wouldn't have been viewed as "guilty"....but Goodell went "all in".

Still...I find the whole thing a bit stupid that one judge gets to decide based on his singular opinion. I would think for these things, there should be a panel of some sort, and not just Goddell making the decisions.

I think where Goodell really fucked up was not taking Brady's offer.
He would have still had the 4 game suspension and Brady wouldn't have been viewed as "guilty"....but Goodell went "all in".

Still...I find the whole thing a bit stupid that one judge gets to decide based on his singular opinion.

As far as I can tell, this was the NFL's idea to use this judge. Backfire! :laughings:

A judge is probably, obviously, more qualified than Goodell to make these decisions.

The real question...where does this leave the NFL?

I mean...if the Player's Association has an agreement with the NFL, and there are rules that are agreed to and that need to be followed...
...how is any of that even going to hold if NFL issues are going to be taken outside and into a court of law?

I just didn't get the going to court thing and why they even agreed to it, when the NFL could have just stuck to it's rule book...???

It's plain that they can't have the guy that makes the decisions also be the guy that listens to appeals. I mean, I don't want to sound corny, because I never say this, but....THIS IS AMERICA!!!!

What the fuck kind of kangaroo legal process is that?

Set up an independent panel that consists of either ex-players, or non-football people, or a combination of representatives of the PA and the League.....or something. But not THIS.

No surprise. The whole thing was a bad fuckin joke, a Goodell power play and obvious other owner driven vendetta against Robert Kraft. If the NFL has any brains at all they'll let it go. They don't.

The real question...where does this leave the NFL?
It leaves the NFL with mud on it's face - again. They didn't have their ducks in a row, as usual, and a judge of their choosing, in their own city, slapped them down. Can you imagine a NYC judge siding with Tom fucking Brady? A Patriot? A Boston sports hero? A NYC local siding with a Boston sports hero? That's how fucking bad the NFL is on this one.

Look, I believe Tom Brady, like every NFL QB, probably instructed his locker room guys on how he likes his footballs. I don't believe he actually stuck the needle in the ball and deflated them himself, and that's what it would take to find him guilty of anything sinister. The NFL tried to hammer him for not cooperating, for suspiciously breaking his phone so it couldn't be used as evidence. They tried to make an example out of the Golden Boy to show the rest of the lesser players that they mean business. Fail. The judge says that's not enough, and the NFL didn't go through their process in a way that could convince an outsider that the punishment was warranted. If you're gonna set up someone as huge as Tom Brady, you better do it very well. You better have a smoking gun. The NFL didn't even have a drawing of a smoking gun. Furthermore, the judge ruled that Tom Brady had no idea that even knowing about deflated footballs warrants punishment. So with that, whether Brady knew or not, he didn't know what kind of punishment, if any, there was anyway. What a clusterfuck.

The bad part of this is that another precedent has been set that this commissioner is inept and can be defeated. I expect more and more players will be taking the NFL to court over everything. And maybe rightfully so, but it's gonna get monotonous.

The owners need to step in and put a stop to the commish being the judge, jury, and executioner.

No surprise. The whole thing was a bad fuckin joke, a Goodell power play and obvious other owner driven vendetta against Robert Kraft. If the NFL has any brains at all they'll let it go. They don't.

Goodell lost a big ally in Robert Kraft. Kraft is a heavy hitter owner in a room full of heavy hitters.

Back