let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
Hey everyone. Just finished our mobile recording studio. It's been a minute since I post studio pics here... Let me know what you think. And if anyone has done this before, any tips?

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

Cool! I wish I had even a small window looking into my live room AKA spare bedroom #3:D But I plan on selling this house some day so I have avoided it up to this point. Next house goes full custom where the studio is concerned. What board is that you have there??

F.S.

FS...sorry took so long to get back with ya...yep the window looking into drum room helps alot, for the guys (guitarists) standing in live room to have some eye contact, my studio was built ground up so window was figured in there hehe...the console is a Soundcraft Ghost LE24, and I love it....I need to add a storage room on to side of studio, for cases, etc. vocal booth gets piled up sometimes.

What I want to know is how can you drink Heinekens AND Busch???:eek:

hahaha, well... i spend most of my day at work, after work i go to the liquor store next store and buy a 22 oz of heineken or fat tire, i go home and drink it and work on music. when im done drinking that ill drink whatever my parents have here. then i proceed to my girlfriends house where i have slept for the past four months, and i also stock up my beer there hahaha.

i will be moving in to her place in a few months, i cant wait to get in there and set everyhting up and actually have room to move around.

I agree. Also, shouldn't the monitors be turned round, so the tweeters are further apart, instead of woofers?

Sorry for the delay in response, Ive been on the Mushrooms in Amsterdam for the week end :D

Apparently not, the Manual goes into depth about why these particular monitors should be tweeters in. I would paste some of it, but you probably arent THAT interested and I would have to type it out. Im too Lazy to be doing things like that. :D

Sorry for the delay in response, Ive been on the Mushrooms in Amsterdam for the week end :D

Apparently not, the Manual goes into depth about why these particular monitors should be tweeters in. I would paste some of it, but you probably arent THAT interested and I would have to type it out. Im too Lazy to be doing things like that. :D
That's strange. Coz with bass freqs it's harder to judge where it's coming from than mid-high freqs, and you generally want a wide stereo image, also bass and kick are usually in the centre, so it's usually preferable to have the tweeter to the outside, but even more preferable to have the monitors vertically. They look like the alesis m1 active mk2s(that i just recently bought), which states what you say in the manual. The reasons given are that it reduces side wall reflections, but if you have absorption(which i'd suggest you get), then this isn't a problem.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Just finished our mobile recording studio. It's been a minute since I post studio pics here... Let me know what you think. And if anyone has done this before, any tips?

Yeah, get a good air conditioner cause it's gonna get hot in there. :D

old studio..old house..more like a shed..

DSC_8017.jpg

DSC_7998.jpg

DSC_7997.jpg

DSC_7994.jpg

DSC_7985.jpg

DSC_1793.jpg

<br>
new house..i get a room to make my studio with a walk in closet which sometime will become my vocal booth

DSC_1802.jpg

DSC_1819.jpg

DSC_1814.jpg

DSC_1809.jpg

DSC_1803.jpg

its has taken me years to get all this junk..but one day im gonna have a biggen studio.

nice upgrade

really nice progress, from old to new... i imagine your up!

the green is really different, eye catching...sharp.

u moved your monitors down to ear level, a huge improvement no doubt.

old studio..old house..more like a shed..

DSC_8017.jpg

DSC_7998.jpg

DSC_7997.jpg

DSC_7994.jpg

DSC_7985.jpg

DSC_1793.jpg

<br>
new house..i get a room to make my studio with a walk in closet which sometime will become my vocal booth

DSC_1802.jpg

DSC_1819.jpg

DSC_1814.jpg

DSC_1809.jpg

DSC_1803.jpg

its has taken me years to get all this junk..but one day im gonna have a biggen studio.

Given that NS10's are the most hideous* sounding Monitors known to man or Beast, does having four make them better or worse? ;)

I have a walk in Closet too, which is my vocal booth. Only prob is, I cant record vocals when the heating is on, cos the water tank's in their too and dribbles away thus competely ruining any crooning. hehe, the perils of home recording. :D

Pandamonk - Ill have to get me treatments sorted, but for the time being its tweeters in, my friend.What you think of the M1's then. I quite like them, but I could really fancy some of those Hideous NS10's if anyone knows the whereabouts of any. Come on elicantu, stop being greedy. :d

*Transparent is what I really mean. Im not as Dense as I appear ;)

Pandamonk - Ill have to get me treatments sorted, but for the time being its tweeters in, my friend.What you think of the M1's then. I quite like them, but I could really fancy some of those Hideous NS10's if anyone knows the whereabouts of any. Come on elicantu, stop being greedy. :d

*Transparent is what I really mean. Im not as Dense as I appear ;)
I like them, but i don't have much to compare them to. I had a set of 5.1 creatives before, so these are awesome in comparison. I've also worked with genelecs and mackie HR824s at college, but that was a while back, so i can't really remember how they sounded.

And yeh, why the hell does he have 4 ns10s?

i got two for free from my dads old studio that he had about 10 years ago and i bought the other two from a guy that was selling them that was totally ignorant on what they were (he thought they came off a stereo system.) i gave him 100 bucks for them...

they sound really good..but...i cant really hear the bottom ones too well... i mainly go by the top ones..what i was thinking about is selling the bottom ones and buying me a digi 002..anyone?

i got two for free from my dads old studio that he had about 10 years ago and i bought the other two from a guy that was selling them that was totally ignorant on what they were (he thought they came off a stereo system.) i gave him 100 bucks for them...

they sound really good..but...i cant really hear the bottom ones too well... i mainly go by the top ones..what i was thinking about is selling the bottom ones and buying me a digi 002..anyone?

As soon as you sell one set of the ns10s The woofer will go out in one of the ones you kept. It's a rule. There's no escaping it;)

F.S.

look at the closet pic and let me tell you what my sweet acustic treatment is made up of..

-marching band uniform
-hippie bag in the back-
-dirty blanket on the top
-sleeping bag
-coat
-coat
DSC_1802-1.jpg

that what i have for now..:)
i want to treat that closet good but i need to save up some money

Is that just a wire that the curtains are hung on? I want to do something similar to a wall I have but didn't want to shell out much money on a really long rod or track. Is there much slack when the curtain is drawn out?

I'm sorry, I just noticed your question. I used very small cable (multi-strand). I used I-bolts into studs on the wall and then a turn buckle on each end to get it very tight. You get these special little crimps to double over the cable on the end and make a loop.

There is zero slack when the curtain/comforter is pulled across.

F.S.

How about 100 bucks for the bottom ones? :D

Back