let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
450?..i need some money
I'm just playin.;)
If I buy another set of monitors, my family may a)disown me, b)commit me to a psychiatric facility, c)tie me up, sell all of my equipment and move away, or d) all of the above.
Anyway, I need to get my electric guitar working properly.
Needs some soldering, need to replace a humbucker and perhaps the pots.
FYI, as a suggestion, consider getting those monitors up/down to ear height!
They will serve you and your mixes much better by doing so.
Having them boxed into a corner will also add unwanted (added) bass reflections and will most likely affect your mixes negatively.
My little home studio is not professional grade by any means but go to my website and check out the height of my (nearfield) monitors.
Check out photos of other studios too to see how they have their monitors sitting.
Also, do some searches on acoustic design and acoustic panels on this forum.
You will most likely find some good information here that will help you as you put together your studio.
Best of Luck!!!!:D
PS-if you are serious about selling the Yamahas, get them into the Free Ads for Music/Recording Equipment section of this forum.
You may see them sell quickly!

My humble home studio

Here you can check some pics of my home studio... I'm getting some extra gear these days. For now, these things are working pretty damn well. Enjoy!

1439396310_b45d32e650.jpg

1439396530_75ed306c30.jpg

1438535905_20cbfb6e3b.jpg

1439395768_93189a3086.jpg

1438535405_4ba158d4a6.jpg

1439396148_d84a5f71f6.jpg

i thought my monitors were effed up..
:)
people have told me this for a while so im gonna tell you..

bring both of them monitors up to ear level.it will help ..alot.:)

Leveling monitors

bring both of them monitors up to ear level.it will help ..alot.:)
Yeah, I know... problem I'm using a computer desk to put my things on :(... and I have nothing in the left side. So what I'm doing is using some boxes and heavy books to raise the level of the left monitor ;)... I need to find another object to raise the level while I'm making the design for a new "studio" desk. Thanks for the advice!

i got two for free from my dads old studio that he had about 10 years ago and i bought the other two from a guy that was selling them that was totally ignorant on what they were (he thought they came off a stereo system.) i gave him 100 bucks for them...

they sound really good..but...i cant really hear the bottom ones too well... i mainly go by the top ones..what i was thinking about is selling the bottom ones and buying me a digi 002..anyone?

That green...looks like the color I painted my dining room in my house. Is it called "Appletini" by chance? Cool color and it looks like your space has taken a good jump in size, too.

i forgot what the color is called..i just went to home depot and said...that one...:) but yeah size wise i feels alot better to actually be able do record a drum set

Thanks F.S.! All the little dots that look like stars are actually glow in the dark paint, so it looks awesome when the lights are out.

B

I think you're going to regret having picked a location so close to that solar cluster. Looks to me that your neighborhood may be going super nova any day now. :D

That's a hot practice room.

I think you're going to regret having picked a location so close to that solar cluster. Looks to me that your neighborhood may be going super nova any day now. :D

That's a hot practice room.

HAHA...thanks punkin! Hey I know you from the b-52 board :D

B

I enjoyed looking through the pics. I like seeing how folks use their space and the equipment they've chosen. Here's a pic of my home studio. I know, I know... as others have said, "looks like it was designed by Martha Stewart." This is what ya have to do when the studio by the front entrance. :rolleyes:

HomeStudio3.jpg

Daren

Last edited:
I enjoyed looking through the pics. I like seeing how folks use their space and the equipment they've chosen. Here's a pic of my home studio. I know, I know... as others have said, "looks like it was designed by Martha Stewart." This is what ya have to do when the studio by the front entrance. :rolleyes:

HomeStudio3.jpg

Daren

I bet your wife had alot to say also :)

Update:

Been awhile, and lots of upgrades since my last post in this thread.

Still need to do some treatment of the room, but it's all coming along nicely.

IMG_1666.jpg

HomeStudio3.jpg

Daren

I find a vase of fresh flowers brightens up any room;)

F.S.

Back