Merry Christmas from the Greg_L family - another two-fer! 2014 edition!

The 12 days of Christmas was great. Fantastic guitar, bass, and drum tones as usual. Sounded like a fun song to record. The Ghost of Christmas presents was great too. Great lyrics. It sparked an idea for a dark hard rocking Christmas song...
"We're going Christmas slaying"
LMAO
I' would probably do a lousy job of developing that idea but I bet you could come up with a killer song (pun intended)
Merry Christmas greg!

Everything sounds great, as usual :D

Thanks fellas, merry Christmas. :)

Jimistone, knock that shit out dude. Channel your inner dark funny demons. Nothing breaks the monotony of Christmas season music like a Christmas crime and murder song.

Thanks fellas, merry Christmas. :)

Jimistone, knock that shit out dude. Channel your inner dark funny demons. Nothing breaks the monotony of Christmas season music like a Christmas crime and murder song.

You could use that jacked Santa Claus from the Dick's Sporting Goods commercial as your protagonist. Maybe he gets up one day and decides that he's just had it with his elves trying to weasel the points for his purchases.

I was thinking a serial killer christmas party...then a nice killing spree after words.

Eat green eggs and ham with son of sam.
The christmas lights shimmer on this night to dismember.

That kind of shit except better and more developed

At first they were little kids and super into it. They loved it. Then as they got older they slowly grew into being embarrassed by it. Now they're even older and are just like "whatever" so they just knock it out and get it over with. Resistance is futile! :laughings: :guitar:

Ha, that's funny. I wonder how many more you'll be able to coerce them into..

Both tunes fun in different ways. The Ghosts of Christmas Presents brought to mind this recent bit of mouth frothing in Britain's self appointed moral guardian, The Daily Mail about an alternative Christmas compilation that had songs about suicide and masturbation. They love nothing more than to be outraged at something minor. I'm sure they'd label your song as being marketed at ‘hipsters’ who believe they are too cool for Christmas if they heard it too... :D

Happy Christmas dood

Hey, thanks Greg! Really, really cool! You're a very talented guy...

Yours in peace,

radio

Ha, that's funny. I wonder how many more you'll be able to coerce them into..

Both tunes fun in different ways. The Ghosts of Christmas Presents brought to mind this recent bit of mouth frothing in Britain's self appointed moral guardian, The Daily Mail about an alternative Christmas compilation that had songs about suicide and masturbation. They love nothing more than to be outraged at something minor. I'm sure they'd label your song as being marketed at ‘hipsters’ who believe they are too cool for Christmas if they heard it too... :D

Happy Christmas dood

Hey thanks guys. Merry Christmas. :)

robgreen: That link is funny. Whoever wrote that is a lame ass. Lol. Yeah my music is total hipster music. :laughings:

Ah, these were great! An annual HR tradition...both sound great.

The original one could really even be a normal, non-Christmas Greg tune with different lyrics. Everything is tight and sounds just as it should. Good stuff. :)

Great job Greg. You can rock any season. Out of my 7 kids I got one musician and she's ADOPTED! My music gene is hurtin. Thanks for the tradition and a terrific sound.

Ghost - You're a twisted ******* and I love it !!!!
I like Jimmy's idea - keep it in mind for next Christmas.

My daughter showed some talent for singing when she was young but gave it up and just did her dance. She actually told us she couldn't handle both. You can't overload kids with all these activities. She was great in ballet but dropped it when she went to college. She choreographed all the drama students' movement pieces in college because they were all drama queens not dancers. lol

Ah, these were great! An annual HR tradition...both sound great.

The original one could really even be a normal, non-Christmas Greg tune with different lyrics. Everything is tight and sounds just as it should. Good stuff. :)

Great job Greg. You can rock any season. Out of my 7 kids I got one musician and she's ADOPTED! My music gene is hurtin. Thanks for the tradition and a terrific sound.

Ghost - You're a twisted ******* and I love it !!!!
I like Jimmy's idea - keep it in mind for next Christmas.

My daughter showed some talent for singing when she was young but gave it up and just did her dance. She actually told us she couldn't handle both. You can't overload kids with all these activities. She was great in ballet but dropped it when she went to college. She choreographed all the drama students' movement pieces in college because they were all drama queens not dancers. lol

Ha thanks a lot guys. Marry Christmas to all of you. :)

Yeah I don't push the kids to do anything but do well in school. That's it. They can jump in and out of whatever interests they have, I know kids are flakes, but they must keep doing well in school or shit will turn very stone ages for them.

Do any of your girls play an instrument or sing ( I mean when not forced to sing on Dad's Christmas songs lol )

Do any of your girls play an instrument or sing ( I mean when not forced to sing on Dad's Christmas songs lol )

No. They are talented artists and good students, but music is not even remotely one of their strengths. Not for any of them.

Good stuff Greg...

I think you are on to something with the Ghost....IMO you should have left him to just be a Grinch / thief not a murdering slasher but it's your tune so you paint the picture...great concept though and good lyrics.

As always the family productions are a blast and glad you continue to carry on the "tradition".

Merry Christmas to the Greg L family! May the Ghost of Christmas always take a pass on the Greg L shack.

Good stuff Greg...

I think you are on to something with the Ghost....IMO you should have left him to just be a Grinch / thief not a murdering slasher but it's your tune so you paint the picture...great concept though and good lyrics.

As always the family productions are a blast and glad you continue to carry on the "tradition".

Merry Christmas to the Greg L family! May the Ghost of Christmas always take a pass on the Greg L shack.

Merry Christmas Greg. Fun song. Everything sounds good as per usual.

bloody great !!! after hearing that NOW its Christmas :D

Thanks a lot guys, Merry Christmas. :)

On the Ghost song....I couldn't just leave it at robbing a house. There had to be murder. It was enough to just be irreverent. It had to be psychotic. As I was putting up my lights, I was singing the Beach Boys "Little Saint Nick" to myself "Christmas comes this time each year" over and over and it just morphed into "Christmas comes this time each year so I'll slit your throat from ear to ear". I thought that was funny and stupid so I ran with it.

The whole thing is just awesomeness... I'm really impressed by the guitar tone/quality/clarity/presence... Nice one man!

Back