Merry Christmas from the Greg_L family - another two-fer! 2014 edition!

Greg_L

Banned
Hey, it's that time of year again. I got the kids off their phones, tablets, and X-station-playboxes long enough to record our annual Christmas song for momma. This is our 8th one. It's become an in-demand tradition in our family and it's been an interesting run. At first they were little kids and super into it. They loved it. Then as they got older they slowly grew into being embarrassed by it. Now they're even older and are just like "whatever" so they just knock it out and get it over with. Resistance is futile! :laughings: :guitar:

Anyway, here ya go. Enjoy. Merry Christmas from my family to all of you here in HR.com land. :listeningmusic:
Twelve Days of Christmas

And from me, here's a Christmas original I wrote in my head while hanging the Christmas lights. :drunk:
Ghost of Christmas Presents - Feel free to download and share with your family and loved ones on Christmas morning or at Christmas dinner. :)

Or for you lazy streamers...

The dumb words....

It's Christmas time what's that I see?
Milk and cookies by the tree
A bunch of presents lay around
I move around without a sound
Stockings hung at the fireplace
A stocking mask over my face
Christmas comes just once a year
You'll never know that I was here

I'm the ghost
The ghost of Christmas presents

Little Johnny's BB gun
I'll use it later just for fun
Sally's doll, Mom's diamond ring
I am taking everything
It's better to give than receive
I'll take your life before I leave
Christmas comes just once a year
So I'll slit your throat from ear to ear

I'm the ghost

You're nestled all snug in your bed
A kitchen knife stuck in your head
A Santa suit, and a sleigh
It's the perfect getaway

I'm the ghost

Merry Christmas everyone! :guitar:

Twelve Days: Must have been murder laying down the tracks for this. How did you keep track? Or was it cut and paste?

Ghost: jolly killy :)

I like the sound of Twelve Days better, fwiw. The last verse arrangement is awesome. The cough is cool lol.

They'll be playing this stuff for their own kids twenty years from now. "This is what we used to do when we were growing up. Stop complaining."

Thanks dobro. The vocal tracks for "12 days" weren't too bad. I just had each kid sing it all the way through and left it alone. But I know momma likes each kid to have their own lines, so after some personal struggle and deliberation, I decided to go in there and slice their tracks into pieces so they each got a day a few times..

I can't wait to have kids, for this reason precisely. Awesome man. BTW the guitar and bass tones were killer on "Twelve Days" (and obviously the drums sounded great). Thanks for this!

Just amazing. I was all into Ghost and hit the end of the first verse and started laughing so hard I had to start it over! Thanks Greg! Merry Christmas.

I can't wait to have kids, for this reason precisely. Awesome man. BTW the guitar and bass tones were killer on "Twelve Days" (and obviously the drums sounded great). Thanks for this!

Just amazing. I was all into Ghost and hit the end of the first verse and started laughing so hard I had to start it over! Thanks Greg! Merry Christmas.

You are the pre-hooker-scandal Tiger Woods of homerecording.com.

Great stuff.

Haha, thanks guys. Merry Christmas and shit. :D

Fuck me, Greg. Your recordings are just always so on point. Loved the backing vocals and the bass lines the popped through every now on then on "Ghost of Xmas Presents". I might make the low end of the kick a bit louder.

I had a laugh at the family tune. I can just imagine a small group of incredibly underwhelmed teenagers singing those vocals. They'll look back at the recordings in ten years and recognize a great family tradition, I guarantee it.

Awesome man. I have no complaints, as usual. Love both the tunes. Ghost Of Christmas presents is especially nice. Always good to hear an original. Top drawer.

Happy Crumble to you and yours matey. :thumbs up:

LOL - Greg_L - "The Christmas Album" next year - you must have enough by now....

Can't listen to drop box files from here but loved the Ghost of FM..erm, sorry, Christmas Presents toon.. nice key change. I'll have a listen to the other one later.. :D:thumbs up:

Ha! Nicely done. Xmas Presents is just a tight, clever song. I didn't get to listen at full volume, but I have no nits to pick. Backing vocals were perfect.

Super funny title/pun.
I'd love to share this around BUT the news this arvo is of a family of 8 kids being knifed to death & a mum still clinging to life in Nth Queensland.
Circumstances mean the song won't be appreciated properly.
I LOVE the descending guitar then bass part.
It was cool that it kept going down, down, down.
Funny lyrics and stellar tones/playing all round.
Actually the descending bass gave me an even better understanding of your bass sound.
I'll hold on to this one for a while before getting folks to listen.
12 Days - standard Greg family Fare - that means fun & uber well done. The cutting between kids is excellent.
You're about ready for the Gerg family Xmas Album aren't you?
I'l

Fuck me, Greg. Your recordings are just always so on point. Loved the backing vocals and the bass lines the popped through every now on then on "Ghost of Xmas Presents". I might make the low end of the kick a bit louder.

I had a laugh at the family tune. I can just imagine a small group of incredibly underwhelmed teenagers singing those vocals. They'll look back at the recordings in ten years and recognize a great family tradition, I guarantee it.

fricking great, mayne.

Awesome man. I have no complaints, as usual. Love both the tunes. Ghost Of Christmas presents is especially nice. Always good to hear an original. Top drawer.

Happy Crumble to you and yours matey. :thumbs up:

Hey thank you guys. Merry Christmas. :)

LOL - Greg_L - "The Christmas Album" next year - you must have enough by now....

Can't listen to drop box files from here but loved the Ghost of FM..erm, sorry, Christmas Presents toon.. nice key change. I'll have a listen to the other one later.. :D:thumbs up:

Ha! Nicely done. Xmas Presents is just a tight, clever song. I didn't get to listen at full volume, but I have no nits to pick. Backing vocals were perfect.

Super funny title/pun.
I'd love to share this around BUT the news this arvo is of a family of 8 kids being knifed to death & a mum still clinging to life in Nth Queensland.
Circumstances mean the song won't be appreciated properly.
I LOVE the descending guitar then bass part.
It was cool that it kept going down, down, down.
Funny lyrics and stellar tones/playing all round.
Actually the descending bass gave me an even better understanding of your bass sound.
I'll hold on to this one for a while before getting folks to listen.
12 Days - standard Greg family Fare - that means fun & uber well done. The cutting between kids is excellent.
You're about ready for the Gerg family Xmas Album aren't you?
I'l

Thanks fellas. :thumbs up:

Yeah, we are pretty close to having enough songs to make a little Christmas album. Maybe when we get to 10 I'll put them all together on a CD or something and give them out to the rest of the family. It's kind of cute because you can hear their voices changing through the years. They had little baby voices on the first one. :laughings:

Ray, I've seen the headlines about hostage standoffs and finding dead kids piled up in a house in Australia. That's crazy dude. I guess the USA's influence is strong over there. :(

The 12 days of Christmas was great. Fantastic guitar, bass, and drum tones as usual. Sounded like a fun song to record. The Ghost of Christmas presents was great too. Great lyrics. It sparked an idea for a dark hard rocking Christmas song...
"We're going Christmas slaying"
LMAO
I' would probably do a lousy job of developing that idea but I bet you could come up with a killer song (pun intended)
Merry Christmas greg!

Back