Merry Christmas from the Greg_L family - another two-fer! 2014 edition!

Hey Greg - I listened to these last week while doing some homework, but didn't find the time to comment. Great stuff as usual! Kind of felt like your kids were getting more in tune as the song goes on. Everything sounded kickass - really liked the original, but I didn't think the guitars sounded as good as in the twelve days of Christmas, for some reason - they weren't as chunky (if I'm remembering right, maybe not). Awesome stuff, though!

It's great to see you and the family still doing this. Sounds great and late Merry Christmas hope it was all the greatest and shit. Happy new year too.

awesome, nearly missed it

Hey Greg - I listened to these last week while doing some homework, but didn't find the time to comment. Great stuff as usual! Kind of felt like your kids were getting more in tune as the song goes on. Everything sounded kickass - really liked the original, but I didn't think the guitars sounded as good as in the twelve days of Christmas, for some reason - they weren't as chunky (if I'm remembering right, maybe not). Awesome stuff, though!

Thanks guys, merry christmas and happy new year!

Jonny - that's cool about the geetars. It's all in your own personal taste. I personally like the "Ghost of Christmas" tones better myself, but I can live with both of them. The "12 Days" guitars were done with my freshly tweaked JMP 2204. I've been working on that thing and have done some minor gain/tone mods to it. The "Ghost" gits were done with the same 2204 and the JCM 800 together. The guitars were different too, but I can't remember now what I used on what!

Finally crawled out from under the cold that's had its boot on my neck (nose?) for the last four days, and I'm catching up. I really liked both songs. I used to do a yearly Christmas CD that I'd send out instead of Christmas cards, but just got too busy. And it was never as good as what I just listened to.

That "whatever" attitude came through on the kids vocals, and its farking priceless!! Worked perfectly!

A late Merry Christmas to you and your family, and a Happy New Year (which is now upon us). . .

Finally crawled out from under the cold that's had its boot on my neck (nose?) for the last four days, and I'm catching up. I really liked both songs. I used to do a yearly Christmas CD that I'd send out instead of Christmas cards, but just got too busy. And it was never as good as what I just listened to.

That "whatever" attitude came through on the kids vocals, and its farking priceless!! Worked perfectly!

A late Merry Christmas to you and your family, and a Happy New Year (which is now upon us). . .

Hey thanks dude, happy new year!

Back