New profile posts

Hi, I saw that you did the zapnspark direct connect mod to a MXL V63M. I can't seem to find out how to do this mod to my mic anywhere? Is there a way you could share the steps involved? I've modded a few of these replacing the preamp caps, and the coupling cap, but never this one, and I'm eager to try it out. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
E.
Blue Jinn
Blue Jinn
I have the files on another computer. The schematic basically shows you how to do it. I should have an edited schematic that has the correct part labels for the PCB. I'll dig that up.
P
PureHeat
Hi, Just following up. If you are able to find it please send to LoveExcelsAll@gmail.com. Thanks!!

All of my best,

E.
Hi Ron-e-g is this the same cable used to hook up the RC-848 remote to the DA-38/DA-88? Jon-e-g (JmR)
I hope you are still a member here looking for the cable to hook up my RC-848 remote please reply
Jw
W
wkrbee
You mean the RC848 remote cable? If so I have one. Contact me at jahg88@ yahoo com. I'm rarely on here.
Thanks very much for your offer of the Tascam iM2X. I live in suburban Philadelphia (19454). Let me know how much I will owe you for shipping and we can make arrangements - PayPal? Thanks, again. Greg
Hi there Gecko Zzed. I just purchased a Presonus Firepod from around 2009. I have a brand new M2 Mac mini and I'm trying to find the drivers needed to get the Firepod up and running. I know that Presonus does not have any of their own drivers for current Macs, but somewhere on this site I read that you were able to make the Firepod work with a newer version of Windows. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Hallo Tim, Gerd hier aus Dreieich. Ich habe auch (2) M-3500 in gutem Zustand, allerdings rauschen die Controllroom und Phones Out bei beiden Pulten. PSU's hab ich schon getauscht, trotzdem weiterhin vorhanden. Wenn Du ein paar Tips zur Refurbishing für mich hättest, würde ich mich freuen.
Hi, I have a few MTR12 machines here in the UK and looking for any spares that may be available, if you have any I will be more than interested to take them off your hands. Regards
Trevor.
My 788's rewind and stop buttons don't work. I tried the spray method you described but it didn't help - other than for a little while right after I do the spraying. Your thoughts about this and also more about your experience with the 788 dissassembly would be much appreciated. You can email me at iamsetsetiam@gmail.com. Thanks, Set
You know how they install those valve seats? I have done mechanic work almost all my adult life and I have come across some puzzlers
but never saw that one! It must have been making a god awful noise.
TAE
TAE
LOL just saw this.....As I understand it the steel seats are pressed into the aluminum casting...not really sure exactly how that is done...carefully I suppose ;) I am loving the way the engine runs with all new upper parts. The actual cylinder where the seat had dislodged was a little noisy clacking but not really loud.
dogooder
dogooder
It is a shrink fit when they are steel to steel, not sure about the steel to aluminum. The seat and that area in the head are ground to a very tight tolerances. The head just a bith larger than the seat. The head is heated up, the seat is frozen, then they drop it in, the head contracts, the seat expands, voila. One way to do it.
dogooder
dogooder
We also use shrink fits on high speed machining. Cutting at high spindle rpm and feed rate, the end mills tend to pull out of the holders. Your standard holder has either a collet or a large set screw or two to hold the end mill. With the shrink fit holders, it works the same way. You go to fast you break the mill no matter what.
Hello there my name is Marty and I have been using my R16 for years with no problems. Today the screen got FROZEN with the project name and the word WAIT... I am not sure what I can do. It's been that way all day I would appreciate any advice you have for me
I just purchased a new Midas M32r to use with my DAW. I use Bandlab (longtime Sonar user). Having a really weird issue with Kick drum signal sounds distorted when using certain input channels from the M32r. I tried swapping out cables but the only solution I found was to switch to a different input channel on the board. Super weird. I initially used input channel 9 L and got the distortion no matter what I tried.
D
Dry Creek Sound
So my question is- has anyone else experienceD a similar issue? When I switched to input 7r on the board the signal records clean. Same mic, same cable, same settings on the mixer.
D
Dry Creek Sound
Update: tested all channels from M32 to kick track in cakewalk/bandlab. Found clean signal from 1-8, 10-12. Dirty signal in 9, 13-16. Opened up Studio One, tested 9 and 16- both recorded clean. Disconnected extra USB devices thinking it could be a resource conflict issue. Went back to Cake and got clean signal on both 9 and 16. Sooo weird.
Hi, I hope I don't bother you, I need the service manual for Tascam M-3700, do you have a digital copy you want to share? Especially for the PSU part as ours went up in smoke? Regards, Andreas
Hi,
I was referred to by another member. I have Tascam 38, how to do know if it's still good or needs to replaced, or if possible repaired. When the tension arm is engaged it starts up, but when playing it starts to slow down after awhile and then stops. F505 &F506 fuses keep blowing.
Let me know what you think.
Thx
Back