US-2x2 Driver restart

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I'm using a US-2x2 interface with Windows 10.

There is one nagging issue I have with one of these two devices.. I don't know if the source is Win 10 or US-2x2.

When my PC nods off, the interface driver also nods off - that's good as is. But when I awaken my PC, I have to restart my PC to wake up the driver.

This also happens when I switch between USERS... most of the time. Sometimes the driver stays put between USERS. I don't know what's going on there.

I have my US-2x2 Settings panel pinned to the taskbar so it's accessible - otherwise, there's no way to pull it up. From what I can see, there are no options in that tool to awaken the driver - I can use it to pull up all the correct activation windows that pop up after a restart, but clicking through them at this point does not activate the driver. So it's a restart or nothing.

I have also gone into Win 10's Sound Controls - driver's device properties - and removed the Exclusive Control which allows applications to take control of this device (driver/interface). That did nothing, so I reset it.

Oh well.. off to another restart :drunk:

I found the source of the problem... me! LOL! As usual, operator malfunction.. :rolleyes:

What I was doing was signing out of my PC account - the sign out deactivates the interface driver. When I used two user accounts, I was signing out of one and in to the second, and vice versa, this deactivated the driver. Now if I don't sign out when I switch user accounts - just flip over and enter password - the driver keeps going.

Ok. Y'all can go back to fiddlin' with whatever you were doin' before.. ;)

Back