US-1641 / Cubase 5 - metronome /click track issue...please help!

corrado15

Hi All,

Been drumming for 20+ years, recording MIDI with Reason for the past 5 and have recently bought a 1641 to mic up my drums and record through Cubase 5.

No issues setting it up or recording until it comes to the metronome/click track. When listening to recordings through my laptops speakers via generic asio driver, I can hear the click track fine. Whenever I switch to the 1641, I can hear my recorded track but not the metronome/click track. All settings other than the switch in driver remain the same.

Anyone have any ideas? The 1641 has the latest (64bit W7) drivers and firmware and the same problem is evident when using the Cubase 5 LE that was bundled with the 1641.

The laptop is a recent dual-core HP with decent RAM and HDD speed.

Going to post this in the Cubase forum too - hope that doesn't break any rules...

Thanks in advance,

Davy.

i think i read something about the headphone output is tracking only...direct monitoring only?

i know with my Kristal Audio Engine software the click is heard during tracking but not after ward, not on the main outputs. I think this is normal as most dont want click-tracks on the recording.

is there a way to record the metronome to a track?

i know with my software due to a crappy metronome in Kristal I have to use track one for a "clicktrack" then it definately can be heard during playback.
i dont know anything about Cubase other than I tried it twice and it fried my brain.

goodluck

Back