US-122 low headphone output?

sjino

I read on another forum that one person bought and returned a US-122 because the headphone output was low on his Sony V6 cans.

I'm skeptical about his experience, but since I'm about to buy a US-122 and will be monitoring chiefly through phones, thought I'd solicit opinions here. Anybody have this same experience?

Thanks.

I can't say that I have tried to drive anything but "Cheap" headphones just to verify that sound is there, but I have never had any problems with output level on the phone jack.

I am betting, but don't know for sure, that they were trying to "monitor" the input signal and had the headphone pot turned up but not the monitor pot. When "monitoring" you have to have both turned up.

-Scott
(Lovin my US 122 for about 6 weeks now.)

Thanks, Scott. I suspected something similar. I can't imagine Tascam engineering overlooking something so basic and important as adequate headphone output. Plus, the Sony V6/7506 are one of the industry standards, so I'm sure their testing included this particular model.

I'm about to take the plunge on the US-122. Can't wait!

Steve

I think you need to make sure you chose a pair of headphones
with a low resistance number. AKG makes headphones anywhere
from 55ohms to 600ohms. Obviously the 600 ohm phones will not be as loud. I pretty sure most home recorders are designed for low resistance headphones as they do not have much of an amp
in them.

Ive had my us122 for about 3 days. And i think the headphones are a little low. Im thinkin its cause i have some cheap headphones that arent very isolated, but i dont know, it still seems really low. I dont know what all you guys are recording, but it happens when i do drums and play back guitars.

Back