Tascam 788 BASIC Questions

DiverDave8

Hi all!

New to the board so I figured I'd start with some basic issues.

I recently got a Tascam 788. Just starting out with it and I'm getting some good results so far. After going through the manual, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to bounce tracks. If somebody could give me a hand with that it wud be great.

I also have a track that I need to boost the level on. I've read about a "send level" that might do the trick. Figuring on bouncing track 1 through the "send level" to an unused track (???). That sound right?

Thanks for the help!

dd8

Welcome

Any track assigned to the mixer can be bounced. Usually I'll bounce harmony vocals to 7/8 so here's how I do it.

First make sure the tracks you don't want to bounce are monitered and not in the mixer, in this case it's usually rhythm guitar and lead vocal and bass. Assign the harmonies by pressing track then select. Then make your adjustments of panning, effects, etc. Then set 7/8 for recording, make a run for levels, then record it. When you're satisfied with your recording then you are free to clear the old tracks.

You can boost a track 6db in the mixer. If that's not enough then bounce it and record it hotter.

Hope this helps.

Hi. I dont know the answer. Actually i have a question re the 788. Im new to homerecording. Been using the tascam till it disappreared. My question is how do i post a new question?

Back