Tascam 22-4 to mixer

Robin Banks

This may sound like a dumb question but, how do I go out from this Studiomaster Diamond 12-2 mixer into my Tascam 22-4. The outs are quarter inch L and R. Do I need to go from 1/4 to RCA so that it can go into my reel to reel? Or should I just save up and get another mixer? If so, any suggestions? The cheaper the better. Thank you.

I use my sub outs (quarter inch jacks) off my mackie to 2 quarter inch inputs on the back of my 2488 MK II, then control the output levels off my mackie with sub faders 1 and 2. Makes it nice to record in stereo (so far). It doesn't take very much gain/trim on the recorder (mine is at roughly 55-60%) I hope this helps you :)

ahh yes, RCA jacks. I used to record off my mixer via the Tape Outs (RCA Jacks) and ran them into the inputs of a regular tape deck (as in tape deck for a component stereo system) and then ran the Outs on the deck into the Tape Ins on the mixer for playback. It actually worked pretty good until my tapes started getting ate. Mabie this will work?

Back