RC-30P Footswitch

songsj

Forgive me for venting here but I ordered a RC-30P footswitch
from Musicians Friend [ It showed an anticipated delivery of 5 days. [I also ordered a mic stand and pop filter to save on some shipping.] Well the RC-30P came up backordered. Original ship date was to be 3-05-04, then it changed to 3-11-04, then again to 3-26-04 and tonight it says average delivery time 25 days.

I have not received any email updates from them, I 've had to go to their website and search the product to find a status. Needless to say they shipped the mic stand and pop filter [which was a stapled repack, I hate repacked products as far as I'm concerned they're slightly used. ]. I suppose I'll have to call them
tomorrow. I want them to honor the sale because I already paid for the shipping. Needless to say they won't be selling me my
2488. It must be nice to have such a thriving business that you
don't have to care about your customers. This switch suposedly
fits most Tascam portastudios, [ including the 788 and 2488 ] and they can't stock a few.

Sorry to rant . just a heads up to anyone with a 788 or 2488
that's considering buying the RC-30P footswitch.

Got my RC-30P footswitch the other day. Am disappointed. It is better than my cheap aftermarket momentary switch but sometimes I still hear a click when I punch in with the RC-30P.
Sometimes it seamless. Doesn't appear to be the highest quality
footswitch. I would have thought that Tascam could do better.
I hope my new 2488 is built better than this switch.

Back