need info on adjusting pan on 414

tonybagadonuts

I just got a TASCAM 414 mkII. and i was recording this band and i recorded the drums and guitar one the left and the vocals and bass on the right and it came out with the guitar and drums left and bass and vocals right. but if i wanted to get equal sound in each ear from each instrament when would i adjust the pan. would i do it before i mix down or what and does it all change when you ping pong it?

Here is the skinny with the 414.
You have 2 record modes for each track. One is Direct (1, 2, 3, 4) and the other is Bus. Tracks 1 and 3 are BusL, and tracks 2 and 4 are busR.
If you want to have the most versatility, record direct. This means, whatever you record on track 1 will be on track 1, etc.
If you want to record several things at once or you want to bounce, use Bus. Bus means path. The 414 has a stereo bus which means there is Bus Left and Bus Right. Just the two. So you could plug a guitar into channel one, a bass into two, and a keyboard into 3. Mix them how you want. Then pan them hard and turn ANY channel to Bus. This is how the bus works. If i haven't been clear, email me at PannyDeters@hotmail.com.
If you can help explain the effects sends to me, I'd be grateful!!

Back