Looking for info on the 788 please

BaldDad

Hi guys, my very first post, but not my last I hope!

I'd be grateful for some advice. I bought a secondhand 788 a while ago, played around with it a couple of times, but nothing serious. Recently I had a project that I thought would suit it so have been catching up for lost time. I certainly find it more enjoyable to use than Garageband or Logic on my Mac, and the audio quality is great.

The main problem I'm having is that when I try to move or copy very short chunks of a track, I get a message telling me that the IN and OUT times are too close together. Fair enough, but I can't find this limitation mentioned anywhere in the manual. Is this 'feature' documented anywhere?

Also, I see I have firmware v1.06 - very old I think. Are Eproms still available to update this, and if so, any recommendations where to get it from?

Thats it I think. I'll have a read of the forum and I hope to one day be able to contribute.

Thanks in anticipation.

Malcolm

Hi Malcom,

I think (its been awhile since I let my 788 go) that the limitation is for very short times, I think its a second or such like. It should be in the manual somewhere. Check the Location Marks section.

I cant remember what firmware you need to do an update from a CD but I think I still have the file for the very last firmware somewhere at home. It's 2.02 (again, I think - it has been a while) I live in the UK so if this is good for you I could email the file or put onto a CD for you, as long as I still have it.

HTH
Zeek

HTH

Your IN and OUT points have to be half a second apart, so 15 sub-frames (you might have to go 16 sub-frames to make it work).

Thanks for that guys. I'm pretty sure you have to replace the Eprom to go from 1.04 to 2.02, so I'll keep looking around. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Back