DP 32SD import/export issues.

Phantom Enginee

I seem to be not quite grasping the importing of WAVs onto my Tascam DP32. It has me import them into the AUDIO DEPOT section but it seems like I would want them in the SONG section so I can record new tracks to the imported tracks, just like I would if I was starting a new song from scratch. Can this be done?
I will have a lot of use for importing existing tracks for further use. It's supposed to be easy to do this with this unit but I'm not quite getting the procedure yet.
Thanks

it's a two step process. first get your tracks into the audio depot folder as you mentioned. then either create, or load the song you want to bring them into. go to the AUDIO DEPOT menu item and select the track to be imported into your song. it knows if the track is mono or stereo. some caveats: there seems to be size limitation on the audio depot, if you get the error message "Import file too large", delete some other stuff out of your audio depot folder. also: the tracks you import have to be the same resolution as the song they're being imported to, i.e. both have to be 16bit 44.1Khz, etc. hope this helps.

Thank you pigsmoke. I was almost there but I think I have now. But it does seem like the process could have been designed better. I appreciate your help.

Back