Change volume/intensity in real-time?

gypsyblues73

Say I have a song where, when the chorus kicks in at the 1:00 mark, I want to up the "loudness" and intensity of the drums a little bit for that part of the song only, on my Neo. What is the best/most common way to do that? Adjust the faders during mixdown/mastering? I'm a total newb and haven't gotten to that point just yet with my songs, but I wanted to go ahead and ask before I get that far and find out I should have done it 5 or 6 steps back.

Last edited:
You could copy this drum part to an empty track and then set up the loudness and intensity via the fader.

Does the unit have automation? If so, just copy to another track, and mute where not wanted. Or just copy/paste the 'parts' you want louder to another track.

I've always simply adjusted the faders during mixdown when I want to emphasize a track or tracks for a part of a song...I'd practice the moves during playback, keeping an eye on the meters, and get a visual on where the fader starts, moves to, and then returns to. It's not at all difficult, and allows you to get exactly what you're after in the final mix.

Back