is it worth upgrading?

TunaTheFish

a simple question.
I have Cubase SX2, is it worth me upgrading to SX3, i dont record anything big just my own songs would i see a big difference if i spent the money and upgraded?
What do you think

I'm sticking with ver 1.06

I'm currently using SX 1.06. I have found that it does everything I need a music program to do. I don't do very intense things with it. I have to admit that I mostly use it as an audio recorder and do very little editing. I'm holding off spending the additional $149 to go to ver 3 since I can't really justify the money. I mean hell, it does what I want right now and I don't find myself yearning for any other features. Besides, although the newer versions do have some interesting upgrades I think most people never use them. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure it's a great upgrade, but for me I've spent the additional $149 several times in the past but really see no substantial difference in the program (at least for what I use it for).

my 2 cents.

After upgrading to SX2 and... don't get me wrong... seeing the difference. I'm loathed to upgrade again to the new and fashionable sx3. I use my system to produce my own work for pleasure and feel that SX2 has everything I need.

I think it's important to remember that alot of upgrades are cosmetic or time saving. I feel that it's more important to learn how to use what is available to you properly.

... my girlfriend agrees!

Usually if a feature is just cosmetic or time saving it is just an update and is free. Cubase SX3 has recoded some stuff, upgraded the whole audio engine as well as several other feature sets. Thats why you have to pay for the upgrade.

However, if SX2 does what you need it to, than that means that you do not need to upgrade. If you were still using the old SX1 audio engine I would say that you really should, but SX2 was already pretty well dialed in:)

I didn't realise that they had redesigned the audio engine... I stand errected, you can rest on my face... I mean rest your case.
:p

Back