Th weirdest thing happened

jimistone

long standing member
I'm recording with Cubase LE. I have been recording with it for years...it's an old version. My interface is presonus audio box 4 channel. Computer is running Windows 8.
Anyway, I was recording a couple of rythym guitar tracks and a couple of passes on a vocal on a project I'm almost finished recording. I'm monitoring on headphones and I'm recording the rhythm guitar and I notice the bass guitar, the leasd guitar, and the vocals disappear on the headphones. The 4 drum tracks are still there and one rythym guitar track I previously recorded is still there....The rythym guitar track I recorded before the one I was in the middle of is still there.

I'm watching the meters kicking on the channels of the bass, the lead gtr, and the vocals so I know the signal is there....The wave is visible on the computer screen too. So, I turn the volume up on my monitors and the bass, vocals, and lead guitar are coming through the monitors like they are supposed to. I'm dumbfounded. So, I turn off the computer and reboot it....turn off the audio box and turn it back on. Open up cubase LE again.

Same damn thing.
So I try going to device manager and switching ASIO driver from audiobox to multimedia and back again..no change.
So then I do a quick mix and export the mix.

The exported mix is rythym guitars and drums....missing the bass, vocals, and lead guitar...just like what I hear in the headphones.

So, I go to "recent projects" and pull up some other cubase songs I have recorded. Everything is coming through the headphones and the monitors like it's supposed to with no missing tracks.
Then I pull up the song I'm working on again and the bass, vocals, and lead guitar still play on the monitors but not in the headphones.
:confused:
I wouldn't sweat it but I worked pretty hard on the lead guitar and vocals and I would hate to have to redo them. Also, if I redid them is this crap gonna happen again?
I hope someone can help me!

Look to see what Output bus those tracks are assigned to. Maybe you somehow assigned them to a monitors only bus. It is possible to do on my UAD interface, but it takes a bit of work and not something you can easily trip into. But, who knows.....

Also, are the bass vocals and lead guitar all mono tracks and panned center? Are they the only ones panned center? What happens if you pan them Left or Right?

Did you happen to install the recent (today) PreSonus interface update? It's a weird coincidence that [MENTION=185749]andrushkiwt[/MENTION] DL'd
another PreSonus update and it corrupted his Studio One.

Make sure record enable isn't activated on the tracks you are missing.

You may need to delete your Preferences.

Thanks for the tips guys. I will mess with it some more tomorrow night. I am inclined to think that I have accidentally changed a setting. I probably shouldn't have hit "save" but I didn't want to lose the vocal tracks I recorded before this happened

The good thing is Cubase is a non-destructive editor so the tracks are most likely safe and sound (sound - get it? sound? haha) somewhere on your hard drive. You can always import them back in again.

The good thing is Cubase is a non-destructive editor so the tracks are most likely safe and sound (sound - get it? sound? haha) somewhere on your hard drive. You can always import them back in again.
I figured it out. I kind if feel like a dumb ass. The problem was in the headphones. Tried another set if cans and there was no problem.

I did a quick mix and uploaded it to soundcloud.
Listen to Drive1 by jimistone #np on #SoundCloud
Drive1 by jimistone | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Back