and suddenly.. i cant record!

Creativedot

Hi...:cool:

I got a problem in Cubase Studio 5... i was able to record to from my mic into Cubase fine without any problems for several weeks...BUT... yesterday i couldnt! Today as well...:confused:

I havent changed anything... everything is connected...when i speak to the mic i can hear my self in my monitors...BUT when i press record nothing gets recorded..!!

Weird stuff....anyone can help!?/?:o

Hi jaygee thank you for your interested in helping me...really appreciate this!

Yes i do have the track armed to record...

I have uploaded a screenshot to see just to make sure we are talking the same language! :cool:

I really dont know what to do...i got this great idea to record a riff on a track and this is killing me.. :spank:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-09-08 at 6.54.02 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-09-08 at 6.54.02 PM.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 11
Check the VST Connections and then make sure you have the right input selected on your track.

HI TetraFish

Thanks for your reply...i checked the VST connection..see screenshot..
Thats exactly how it was i didnt touch it.....im not sure if thats how it should look..!

I am using Mbox 2 as a soundcard..maybe i dont need to specify anything in VST connections?

Forgive my ignorance in Cubase guys... i am still learning it! :o

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-09-08 at 8.20.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-09-08 at 8.20.48 PM.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
Your using a Mono track with a stereo in. Click add bus and create a Mono buss with the correct input. Then make sure that's the input on the track your trying to record on.

Ok..i still got a problem...not sure i got it right..

Screenshot 1 = i added a bus with mono

Screenshot 2 = i added Mono in...

Thanks for your time and help!! :)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 6
So you've picked input 4 as your source. Is that what your mic is plugged into? I have a feeling it's 1 or 2. Also you won't see a level unless you hit the monitor button which is the little speaker beside the record button.

EDIT: On your MBox are those little front/rear buttons set right?

TetraFish...YOU ARE A LEGEND MY FRIEND!!! :D

it works...it was 2.. :) mbox has only 2 inputs... (DAAH)
Great stuff buddy thank you for everything...

Back