Steinberg ur44 and effects processor

LarMorgan

This is all new, exciting stuff to me. I am looking for a basic mixer that would allow me to input a keyboard, vocals, and guitar, and record the mixed output live. ( Perhaps I'll do some post-processing in the computer later, but not at that point yet). The Steinberg ur44 was recommended to me as a good unit to start with. Opinions on that would be appreciated, but my specific question is whether this Steinberg unit has the capability to add a separate effects processor for vocal reverb etc into the mix prior to sending the output to the computer for recording. Hope I have worded this clearly and thanks for any advice.

Jimmy, I appreciate the quick reply. Rather than use the onboard software provided with the Steinberg, my question is whether I can use the effects provided by a separate effects piece of hardware.

You can use whatever you wish before input into the interface. Though you will have no ability to remove the effect after recording.

There is no ability to monitor a separate 'effected' input without recording it with the UR44.

Back