Reason to Cubase for synths

studiomaster

Currently i use Reason for all my synths,drums etc..but i want to use the VSTi's in Cubase to make big arrangements..such as having cubase mix together vocals and instruments together. im getting tired of exporting the song from reason and importing it in cubase to record. i dont really get the fully control because i want to be able to modify the instruments in the same program so it goes fine with the vocals. But whenever i hear the sound quality of the LM7 in cubase, it sounds very poor. as in the bass, has no power..it doesnt sound like the reason drum kits at all. in basic terms, i want to make cubase do all the synths and vocals together so i dont need to go back and forth to reason to fix up one instrument or note. but im sure theres an easier way to do this. Besides this, i wanted to get Logic..but i use a PC, so i was hopeless. so now, i want to make cubase useful for both. will this switch from reason to cubase for instruments be ok? where can i get good but free VSTi's. i only have the default vsti's that originally comes with cubase. but its limited.

"Rewire" allows you to run Reason and Cubase simultaneously to do exactly what you want.

The net is acting flakey here so I cant give you a direct link, but if you look around Google or cubase.net forums, there are webpages telling you how to set them up to work together using Rewire.

TimOBrien said:
"Rewire" allows you to run Reason and Cubase simultaneously to do exactly what you want.

The net is acting flakey here so I cant give you a direct link, but if you look around Google or cubase.net forums, there are webpages telling you how to set them up to work together using Rewire.

Well, i do know how to work rewire. but what i dont know is how to record each reason device(as on the reason sequencer) onto the corresponding track/channel in cubase.

Back