punch-ins

bmbarrow

I'm doing manual punches. I don't think I changed the tempo, but I will try again. I also forgot to mention that I'm not punching in while bouncing tracks, I'm overdubbing stuff from the SB Live! input while monitoring the pre-recorded material. Is thi a latency issue? Thanks again for your quick response to my prior post.

When I do punch-ins in Cubase VST I get a stutter effect in the track. How can I remedy this problem? For now I am using a SB Live! card and a 300mhz PII. Thanks

This stuttering effect, is it only happening during punch in's? You could try increasing the buffer size in the system section. Also, you havn't accidently changed the tempo on the transport bar? This will do some wierd things to audio. Your doing an auto punch in or manual?

Emeric

Hi,

Your using an SB Live!.. maybe you can help Alan out with his problem. He is also using the SB Live but has no input.

Thanks!

Emeric

Thanks for the responce to my problem (via Emeric), Now when you say "make sure directX in the properties menu is off" Exuse my ignorance, but which properties menu are we taking about? Do you mean Audio / system / Asio Device ? if so this is already set to Asio Multimedia driver and not DirectX.
I cant seem to find the properties menu that you refer to.
Please help, before I loose the plot completely.
P.S. sorry for the delay in the responce as I've been in Florida on vacation.
Thanks in advance Alan :)

Update on Info, I can record via the Mic input, but not from the line input.
I have tried to record via the line input using windows sound recorder, but no joy there either.
This is just plain WIERD !!!!
I have checked the cable from my input device ( POD or Zoom 234 ) and that works OK.
I am now at the point of thinking the card itself maybe faulty, but the fact that I can record via the Mic input kinda discounts that theory.
HELP !!!! I feel a strong urge to smash things up !!!!
Alan :(

Try put line in on, in sblive mixer options.
In mixer options select "record options" and see if the line in is connect to sb.

These same symptoms cropped up on my SB AWE 32. Turned out to be the miniplug jack for the line in on the soundcard. No contact- no line in.

Thank you DrStrawl, thats kinda where my thoughts were taking me. The input lead from the external device has a reducing adapter on the end, and the fit and conection to the soundcard is not all it could be. So I'll try a new adapter first, and see how it goes.
Failing that its gonna be change the card.
Thanks again.
Alan :)

Back