Multiple Issues, help please

oldguy

Hi, I'll try to shortcut...Cubase4, Running in Windows7 with compatibility mode set for it to run as if it were XP Service Pack2. 6gig RAM. The issues today are....
1. Loop Browser won't identify anything. It seems is if it's continually searching for files. Nothing comes but have Fruity Loops on PC and would seem it would find them.
2. Can't ALT and DRAG to repeat/copy. If I press ALT the Object tool changes to a Draw tool.
3. Sometimes won't record...no real reason why.
4. Won't autosave although I have it set for every 4 minutes. Lost half a days work. Bummer.
Ok...now don't laugh because I'm using Cubase4. Just don't want to put out for upgrade and for my uses this should be fine.
Lastly....it never worked properly on old machine (XP, 4Gig RAM)...too many issues to mention. Basically wouldn't do the simplest things without crashing or not respond. Big thing on old setup, MIDI won't work no matter how many times I set up devices and connnections. I do the same on the Win7 machine and it's all good.
Hope someone can help me out. Thanks!

Hi, I'll try to shortcut...Cubase4, Running in Windows7 with compatibility mode set for it to run as if it were XP Service Pack2. 6gig RAM. The issues today are....
1. Loop Browser won't identify anything. It seems is if it's continually searching for files. Nothing comes but have Fruity Loops on PC and would seem it would find them.

Are the fruity loops files in a proprietary format or wav/aiff? Cubase will not pick them up unless they are of a compatible format like WAV or AIFF (there are more, obviously).

2. Can't ALT and DRAG to repeat/copy. If I press ALT the Object tool changes to a Draw tool.

Check your key commands in File -> Key Commands. You should be able to change it there.

3. Sometimes won't record...no real reason why.

What happens when you press record? Check the transport to make sure Init Sync is on. You can toggle this by pressing "T".

4. Won't autosave although I have it set for every 4 minutes. Lost half a days work. Bummer.

That's a weird one if you say it's set to autosave. Try disabling and re-enabling it and set it to 5 min. Maybe that will reset it.

Lastly....it never worked properly on old machine (XP, 4Gig RAM)...too many issues to mention. Basically wouldn't do the simplest things without crashing or not respond. Big thing on old setup, MIDI won't work no matter how many times I set up devices and connnections. I do the same on the Win7 machine and it's all good.
Hope someone can help me out. Thanks!

Not quite sure about that last one. So now that you're on Win7 it's all good? What exactly is the question?

Cheers :)

Hi MO FACTA, Thanks...here's my update...
1. Loops all good...would love to know why my Fruity Loops are sent in .wav at 140 bpm and when dragged to project come out at 121/2 bpm that would be nifty.
2. Key Commands....I tried but could not find the path...I looked under most folders....especially edit, midi and tools as the problem is still that it's "supposed to" be that I can use object tool to "lasso" loop (whathaveyou), press ALT and then drag to copy/repeat. But again, when I press ALT my object tool becomes a draw tool and can't do anything.... I can only 'move" the selection. I don't see that path listed anywhere in the key commands area, and even then...would be slow to correct with no experience. Any other ideas?
3. Haven't had it not record when should lately....but will take your advice if/when.
4. Autosave...have been manually doing it...but to be honest haven't checked by doing a track and shutting down and seeing if it saved. Will check later and follow your directions. I never see any indicator, if there is one, that it's saving.
5. The real question on that was more or less if anyone had that happen. I've been thinking I was a twit not able to do the simplest things but I know I'm not. It is working fine in Win7 BUT in compatibility wtih XP service pack 2. In straight Win7 it was not.
Thanks man and if you are up for helping along I"m up for listening and following. Best!

Back