Looking for Cubase LE tutorials/books

leavings

Hey everyone,

I have Cubase LE (the version that came with my Presonus Firepod) and I'm trying to find some books or tutorials to help me get used to using it. All I see on Amazon are books about Cubase SX/SX3/SL, etc. Is LE closely related to any of these? If I get a book about SX am I going to be able to read it when I'm using LE?

Anyone?

Thanks,
Peter

I second sticking with the manual. Run through any tutorials if the disc has any, and then use the manual if you get stuck. The manual for SX is laid out in an easy to understand format, I would assume that LE is as well.

I hadn't noticed those pdf files. I'll run through those and see if they're sufficient. Still, I'm curious what version LE is most similar to and what the differences are between LE and SX or the others.

Thanks!
Peter

LE is the most basic version. Next is SE, which is pretty similar (a few more inputs and effects). Then SL, followed by SX, the top of the line. Nuendo adds video and other editing capabilities.

I use SE, but I don't know of any books specifically for SE. Once you figure out the basics, it's not that hard. The manual will answer most questions.

on pcaudiolabs.com they have a tutorial CDrom for Cubase SX/SL but you can also use it for LE. They are all similar. Just they get more and more options.

i still havent recieved my firebox/Cubase LE yet but i have a related question.

If i were to record drum tracks at my friends home studio running Cubase SX3
can i bring the files home to my computer and play the tracks back plus record guitars on my LE?

and vice versa...
if i record guitars on LE can i take the tracks over to his SX3 and record drums there???

cheers

HungPhat said:
i still havent recieved my firebox/Cubase LE yet but i have a related question.

If i were to record drum tracks at my friends home studio running Cubase SX3
can i bring the files home to my computer and play the tracks back plus record guitars on my LE?

and vice versa...
if i record guitars on LE can i take the tracks over to his SX3 and record drums there???

cheers

There shouldn't be any reason I can think of why you couldn't. Worst case scenario, if you take the whole song file and it isn't compatible (I don't know if it is or isn't), you could still export the wave file of the instrument and import at your friends and vice versa.

I'm looking also....

I've been looking for the same thing. While there is plenty of documentation, I always prefer a good video training program from someone who really knows the software, especially when it's as complex as CuBase. That way you can learn what you need to know in a couple hours, without several days of trial and error and endless references back to the manual.

I've found a few available from a couple different sellers on the Internet, but have no idea which (if any) are good.

The pdf files have lots of info in them.

brandrum said:
have you read the pdf "help" and "getting started" files that come with cubase?

Yep have a friend who just installed Cubase LE and the pdf files on the software disc give lots of info about how things work. I use Cubase SX 3 and many of the basic things are in it that are in LE. So start out with the pdf. I think there are 127 pages on that disc so print it off and start study time. It comes a little at a time. There are also many web places to learn Cubase versions so Google that too. Here is a good place to check out a web training course on Cubase SX 3.
http://www.digitalmusicdoctor.com/cubase/steinberg_cubase_sx3.htm

Good Luck with Cubase
Choctaw

Last edited:
Study, study, study!!! Choctaw, my head is aching!!! I know, I know, I will be patient. Hah! Thats a funny!

Oh, by the way...how do I get to my pdf files???? :confused:

Just kidding!! :D

Study more...BS Less

true-eurt said:
Study, study, study!!! Choctaw, my head is aching!!!

Hay True Girl if you spend more time on Cubase Learning, and less time with the BS in the Dragon Cave, your Cubase ability's will get better. Listen, you mind me now or you will be required to spank yourself again.

Attachments

• studymore.gif
    studymore.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 90
Where is the music True-Eurt lets hear SOUNDS.

true-eurt said:
Study, study, study!!! Choctaw, my head is aching!!! I

Hay girl thats what Choctaw say's (are you his squaw girl? ).........when you going to put up some music. Seems the comments come from you all the time about others and their songs. But I don't see you posting anything new so it can be observed and commented on by forum members. Where’s the music ?........The real Eurt-True want's to know.

ericlingus said:
Cubase comes with a regular manual as well not just one on the computer?
My SE came with the getting started manual in hard copy but the full operation manual was in .pdf only. I don't know if it's the same with the other versions?

Eurt-True said:
true-eurt said:
Study, study, study!!! Choctaw, my head is aching!!! I

Hay girl thats what Choctaw say's (are you his squaw girl? ).........when you going to put up some music. Seems the comments come from you all the time about others and their songs. But I don't see you posting anything new so it can be observed and commented on by forum members. Where’s the music ?........The real Eurt-True want's to know.
My dear sweet Eurt-True.....I do not have any new music up, but at least I have some up. Where is yours? :D

Back