How to setup my equipments with cubase 5 ? [SCREENSHOTS]

tensyume

My equipments are Presonus Audiobox USB , and Axiom Pro 61.

I googled and everything for almost 5 hrs straight, but I still cant get them to work.
Currently when i plug in my mic to the audiobox usb, it receives the mic and sends it out to my headphone which is also connected to the audiobox.
But nothing is sent when I play notes on axiompro 61

dm-1312999880994.png

dm-8129998810013.png

dm-9129998810010.png

dm-15129998810115.png

dm-412999881017.png

dm-2129998822115.png

dm-412999882225.png

please help..

Setting up hardware for the first time can be a pain in the a** :D

I have an Axiom 61 and for me all I had to do was install the drivers from the M-Audio website: m-audio.com > support > drivers and updates > select your product and OS (the CD with the drivers that came with the keyboard was useless for me).

Now the most crucial part is be sure to plug-in and turn on the axiom keyboard before loading Cubase. If you load Cubase then turn on the keyboard Cubase will not detect it as a hardware controller (in my case anyway).

Once in Cubase right click on the transport control panel and make sure "MIDI activity" has a check note beside it and then proceed to hit a few keys on the Axiom. You should see on the transport an dark orange bar jumping up and down. That's good, that means Cubase is getting a MIDI signal.

Press F11, load a VST instrument, and you should be able to hear something when you play some notes on the keyboard.

For your audiobox, turn down the volume of your hardware inputs all the way so that you don't hear the mic simply looping through the audio interface.
Load Cubase and then go Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System, and make sure you have the correct PreSonus audio driver loaded.

Press F4 and in the VST connections window that just popped up make sure that the proper i/o's are selected.

Now add a mono track and click the "Monitor" button on the track (the small circle with a speaker looking icon inside of it) and make sure that it is a yellow/orangy color.

Talk into the mic and you should get a level response on the mono channel you just added.

Hope that helped. :)

Back