How to record multiple takes?

guitaristic

prophet of Dave
Ok so I'm pretty sure this is possible in Cubase but I haven't gotten It to work yet. Say I'm doing a guitar solo...how can I set the section to loop and record like 4 or 5 passes? I can do the loop easily enough, but I always end up recording over my previous take.

Just keep recording with the loop. Each pass does not erase the last. It just records a new file to the pool.

Anyway, then click on the 'Lanes' icon on the track. . Looks like 3 squares connected side by side. It will show each of your takes in the order they were recorded. There is much to do with comping and combining tracks this way. To much to describe here, but you can select sections of each 'take' and comp them together within the single track. One of the great editing abilities of Cubase. :)

Hello,

What jimmys69 posted is absolutely correct! I will just add: Make sure that on the transport bar the option "Keep History" is selected on the audio record mode section.
You can also select cycle history + Replace or Replace, the last one will actually only keep the last take.

Keep History.png

Best regards,
GN

Just keep recording with the loop. Each pass does not erase the last. It just records a new file to the pool.

Anyway, then click on the 'Lanes' icon on the track. . Looks like 3 squares connected side by side. It will show each of your takes in the order they were recorded. There is much to do with comping and combining tracks this way. To much to describe here, but you can select sections of each 'take' and comp them together within the single track. One of the great editing abilities of Cubase. :)

Hello,

What jimmys69 posted is absolutely correct! I will just add: Make sure that on the transport bar the option "Keep History" is selected on the audio record mode section.
You can also select cycle history + Replace or Replace, the last one will actually only keep the last take.

View attachment 81639

Best regards,
GN

Cool, thanks for the tips dudes. :thumbs up:

I'm still not too great with the more technical things like this :D

Back