Firepod/Cubase questions

Newbie dude

Okay, so my drummer got a firepod with cubase le, only the software they sent him was for PC, and he has a mac. Well, he got new cubase software, but he hasn't got the presonus software yet. But it lets him record. So what does this mean? I mean, onbviously it means he doesn't have the firepod digital mizer, but...I duno, does it not use the presonus soundcard now, or what?

i dont understand quite what you're saying. so you didn't install the Presonus drivers, but are still able to record through the firepod? you can always download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. it might still be recording with a generic driver, which i dont think would allow you to take advantage of all 8 channels of input.

what's a digital mizer?

Have him go to the presonus website and download the latest driver, disconnect the firepod, install drivers, reboot, plug in firepod and the computer will reconize the firepod, finish the install for the firepod and THEN you will have the firepods mixer letting him have full usage of the firepod.

Back