cubase sx panning issues help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

czar of bizarre

i need help with cubase sx. i have files that came from pro tools and im loading them in cubase sx. the files that are giving me issues are two guitar files. one is DISTORTED LINE IN "L" the other is DISTORTED MIC "R". basically they are left and right files.

now heres the issue.

when i pan L hard left i can hear it. when i pan R to the right i can hear it......BUT....i can only hear it when ONE of them is playing. when i play them BOTH at the SAME time they sound like one MONO file. this is an issue with cubase sx. i have imported the files into logic,back into pro tools and into acid. no problem.

let me explain again if you cant get the picture.

Left guitar-----center-----Right guitar.
thats how it SHOULD be.

Left guitar(muted)-----center------Right guitar.
this way i can hear the right guitar within the full stereo field. i can hear it when its panned hard right (or when i mute the right and play the left channel)

left guitar
right guitar
center

thats what happens when i play them at the same time with both tracks panned HARD.

someone help me out with this. thanks in advance and remember this is an issue in CUBASE SX. i have no problems with this in any other application.

czar of bizarre

ps cap letters are used to denote IMPORTANT info. not yelling ( i was too lazy/tired to use bold or italics)

Doesn't make sense -- a WAV is a WAV, unless it's done in a resolution that SX doesn't support...

Or maybe the track is so hot it's overloading when the channels are summed...

Are you using a plug-in on the track?

From the symptoms so far, it doesn't sound like an SX bug though.

Have you tried posting on the Cubase forums? They're pretty quick with answers and there's several people there who really know their stuff.

^^^^ i havent soaked up any knowledge from you for some time now (i was away). hows canada and the studio?

the files where recorded in 24 bit 44.1k format.

i doubt that the tracks are hot and over loaded. i had no problem working with them in logic,pt or acid. lets say i reduced the volume of the wave form (by using the fade out feature). do yout hink that will help? ive played with the phase.no go.panning.no go.different eq.nope sorry doesnt work.

no plug ins on the track. fenders running through a very LARGE mesa cabinet tracked inside of pro tools. i like to mic the cabinet and run a direct line at the same time. after that i mesh the two together but i wanted to pan them opposite on this track.

i thought this was the cubase forum? if you would be so kind to give me a link (to another site) i would appreciate it.

;)

thanx

czar of bizarre the jesus of rap rock&roll.

Back