Cubase LE latency?

GroovyGroundhog

I have a Firebox and when I monitor an armed track or click a drum pad, the audio is delayed by about a second. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Are you familiar with direct/hardware monitoring? My guess is currently you're monitoring back from the software. You want to monitoring the feed before it goes through Cuebase. I'm sure the Firebox allows this. The routing to set this up may be software controlled, so check the manual. It will be called something like direct/hardware/low/zero latency monitoring, or some combination of that.

I have problems like this sometimes. Go to devices -> device steup. On the left of the window click on VST Multitrack, then hit the drop down box next to ASIO driver and pick the correct ASIO driver for your firepod. If it wasn't already selected, click Switch at the dialog that pops up. Regardless of whether it was selected or not, hit reset (and apply if it wasn't selected). If you have any latency problems again, go back and hit reset again. Also make sure not to check "release ASIO driver in the background" as this will release control of the driver everytime cubase goes out of focus.

Resetting the driver always fixes any latency I have. I use a Yamaha MW12 USB mixer.

Hope that helps some!

Back