Cant encode to mp3???

MiXit-G

Every time i try and export to MP3 it freezes and does silly things.

Anyone else having this problem?

rule nr 1 : don't use cubase for that type of thing
rule nr 2 : don't use cubase for that type of thing
rule nr 3 : you do not talk about fight club
... get cooledit or soundforge...

i can export as a wav file fine, but i don't. i just make the song a wav file then open it under wavelab and make it a mp3 at 256kbps

what a dummy

Of course i should have known not to use a program like cubase for mastering after all mp3 encoding would be very difficult to intergrate!

Who really uses MP3's apart from cyber filesharing? it would be sweet to be working on a project in cubase and then send it down the line to a fellow muso well before the mastering stage as a working demo without having to go into other programs, surely Steinerburger could have made this export feature a little more reliable???

I'm pretty sure the mp3 export feature is something that you have to pay extra for. My version (VST 5) came with 20 or so free encodes and then it stops working. So that functionality CAN be added to the program.

I haven't yet figured out how to buy the d@mn thing, though. The Steinberg site doesn't mention it at all.

Take care,
Chris

Yeah mine just does'nt work at all damn thing,WAV is ok though so i just use another encoder...ah well Steinberg.

Back