Audio System Spec.

Alan

Sorry bout the delay, in responding but we have been moving house and its taken a while to get things up and running again.
In answer to your question, I was advised to go into Audio, system, and check the ASIO device and to make sure it was set to, ASIO Multimedia driver and NOT ASIO DirectX driver. This is how it should be set (apparently) when using the SB 64 Gold soundcard. ( yeah I know it’s the weak link in my system)
Now to my question, in the Audio, System section, there are many different settings available for lots of things I am not familiar with. How should I set this section up for optimum performance considering that I am working solely in audio?
Thank you in advance…..Alan.... :)

Hi Alan,

Ultimately, you should set this section up so that it works best with your hardware.
Adjust the settings until you feel it is optimized.

I can tell you how I set it up for my system: PII 450, 7200RPM Hard Drive, 256MB RAM.

Number of Channels - 32
Memory per channel - 1024KB
Disk Block Buffer Size - 256KB

File Cache Scheme - Virtual Tape Recorder

Recorded Buffers go direct to disk - checked

Midi Sync Reference - Audio Clock

Midi to audio delay - 0 Samples

Enable audio only during play - unchecked
24 Bit recording - unchecked

ASIO - Aardvark

Latency - 93mS

Sample Rate 44.1 KHz

Audio Clock - Internal

Monitoring - Global Disable

Priority - Normal

Emeric

Emeric, thank you !
I'll work on it. If its of any help I'll give you my system spec now,so that you can make any suggestions you might feel are appropriate.
AMD K6-2 400mhz.....128 Mb SDRAM...10.8Gig HD....Awe 64 gold.....Plextor 4x12 and Philips 40X Cdrom.
Thanks again..Alan :)

How do you adjust the latency setting, mine is currently on 765 Ms,and considering yours is on 93Ms I think mine is in need of some adjustment.

Alan.. :)

[This message has been edited by Alan (edited 08-02-1999).]

You wont be able to adjust the latency setting. This has to do with the sound card, and the driver. The only reason I have low latency is because I'm using an Aardvark 20/20 and ASIO drivers written specifically for it. This higher latency value is workable though, just means that adjustments (moving faders, hitting stop etc.. ) will be slower.

Emeric

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 08-02-1999).]

Back