Audio input for Cubase elements, driver issue?

mozar

Hello,
I am trying to set up an audio input in Cubase elements (trial). I have a behringer u-phoria umc202hd with a microphone plugged in and the behringer is plugged into my windows computer via usb. I have been able to record vocals in a different daw, and i get a signal on the behringer device itself and a signal in my windows control panel audio settings. My understanding is that I have to select the driver in cubase but nothing else shows up when i click drivers. What am I doing wrong here? I have pictures. Thx.

Attachments

• cubase audio1.jpg
    cubase audio1.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 3
  • cubase audio2.jpg
    cubase audio2.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 3
Did you install the driver for the behringer? If so, it will show up in Cubase.

OK, So I downloaded the driver (thanks!). It is now showing up in Cubase and I see the bars responding when I speak into the mic and I can record. But when I turn off monitoring and hit play I can't hear anything, although I do see the waveform. Any ideas why that might be?
Also if someone wouldn't mind telling me how to grab and move the cursor.
And I'm not trying to program it so it automatically goes to the beginning.

You set the input routing - did you do the output to match?

The little button next to the record ready button in the track only needs pressing if while recording you want that channel input routed to the output. If I'm recording synths, you don't need to use it normally, as the keyboards play the VSTi's direct. If you plug a mic in, you see the letter start to flutter, but to avoid instant feedback mayhem, you need to press the button to hear it on the output. I'm guessing you could be doing it the wrong way around. You simply grab the cursor line in the ruler section at the top. Slide it to wherever you want. In the ruler section you can also set the loop points, and turn looping on and off, by clicking at the top or middle, depending on what you need to happen.

You set the input routing - did you do the output to match?

The little button next to the record ready button in the track only needs pressing if while recording you want that channel input routed to the output. If I'm recording synths, you don't need to use it normally, as the keyboards play the VSTi's direct. If you plug a mic in, you see the letter start to flutter, but to avoid instant feedback mayhem, you need to press the button to hear it on the output. I'm guessing you could be doing it the wrong way around. You simply grab the cursor line in the ruler section at the top. Slide it to wherever you want. In the ruler section you can also set the loop points, and turn looping on and off, by clicking at the top or middle, depending on what you need to happen.

How do I set the output? There used to be a thing at the top that said Audio In/ Audio Out but now it's gone. And which button do you mean that I have to press to hear the output?
The cursor works now, thanks.

Go to studio, then audio connections and make sure your inputs and outputs are pointed to your audio device - that's all you need to do.

Back