Adding hardware synth (help please a newbie)

Kantos

I've just got a waldorf micro q but I'm having problems adding it to cubase sx 2. no sounds come out, I can't assign the midi channel to the synth.

the midi cable is coming out of my oxygen 8 into the waldorf q and the main audio input is going in my sound card audio input.

Can someone please help, I need instructions concerning hardware and cabling as well as configuration inside cubase.

The synth is working because if instead of putting the audio cable into the soundcard and connect it straight to the monitors their is sound.

thanks in advance.

Do any sounds come out of cubase? ie: VST instruments and other recorded audio. If not, you might not have the right soundcard selected for your audio out.

Have you got monitoring turned on in Cubase? You need this on to hear the audio inputs.

Yeah the sound card is alright because their is sound coming out of cubase with vsts assigned to the midi channels etc...

the only thing that I can do is use my hardware synth, how do I assign it to the midi channel, if it is not added to the list, on the list is only the vsts as intruments.

Monitoring? how do i do that?

thanks man

I'm a bit confused as to what you are trying to accomplish...

But this is how I would set it up anyway:

1 - MIDI
Connect the Oxygen MIDI out to your computer's MIDI in.
Connect The MIDI out from your computer to the Waldorf MIDI in.
Set Cubase MIDI thru active. (File->Preferences...->MIDI)
Set your Waldorf MIDI receive channel to 1.
Set your Oxygen MIDI channel to 1.
Create a MIDI track and set the output to your soundcard, and channel to 1.
Set the MIDI track input to "All MIDI Inputs"

2 - Audio
Connect the Waldorf Audio out to the Line In on your soundcard.
Create an audio track in Cubase.
Click the "Monitor" button (the little speaker shaped icon next to the record button on the audio track)

Play.

Hope that helps :)

Back