Vegas 6

yeah i've messed around with it for audio. it's great. pretty much the same functions and interface as sony's other products. very well put together.

Is it a viable alternative to the other big players?

Sonar/Protools for audio

Final Cut Pro/Adobe Primere for video

Does it do everything you need for audio, or do you still need Sound Forge, Acid, Reason etc...?

kotea said:
Is it a viable alternative to the other big players?

Sonar/Protools for audio

Final Cut Pro/Adobe Primere for video

Does it do everything you need for audio, or do you still need Sound Forge, Acid, Reason etc...?
1) Yes, absolutely.

2) I know of pro video editors who have switched from those other progs to Vegas.

3) No. I still use Sound Forge for editing and mastering, CD Architect for burning, Acid for loop-based stuff. I don't know if there is an all-in-one program out there.

Vegas is excellent

I use Vegas for Video editing and Music editing...I found the VST support a little buggy at times but I use Wavelab 4.0 for mastering the audio and putting it back into the Vegas timeline..But overall editing of Video it is really making a charge against the FCP users for MAC> as far as AVID and Premiere Pro users...I feel it is ahead of them. Only FCP is in direct comparison now. But they are still behind in terms of Sequencer programs. If you happen to have Nuendo then I believe you will be in an excellent position to be ahead of the other editing programs. With the Architect bundle it is very good in terms of doing a complete process from offering Music and Video Editing production.

It's all about using the whole suite (Acid, Vegas, Sound Forge & CD Architech). You really can do it all in those programs.

Vegas lacks a few audio features that Acid has, so I end up doing all my tracking in Vegas. Then I move over to Acid for editing & mixing. Then do all my mastering in Sound Forge and then compile the CD in CD Architech. It's really an amazing set of programs.

Man ... that would be beautiful. There's nothing I couldn't do with that set of software.

Shame it's so damn expensive! Vegas 5 is the best software I've used - with VSTi support and a good wave editor, I'd be set right up to the CD/mastering stage!

Right click on the channel in the list on the left hand side, then pick your inputs from the lists that appear. :)

noisedude said:
Right click on the channel in the list on the left hand side, then pick your inputs from the lists that appear. :)

when i do that it only says left right and stereo

it doesnt have the inputs from the lexicon

Do you have the lexicon selected as the Audio device in the preferences?
Sounds as though Vegas may be set to use the stock audio device of your computer or maybe Microsoft Sound Mapper. :confused:

Yeah - you have to enable it as a device in the setup window. I forgot about that - I had the same question when I first started using it, and it took me a few minutes to figure out what was going awry! :)

yeah thats the problem when i go to preferances and look through my audio devices .... the lexicon does not appear on the list

only Microsoft stuff shows up

i dont understand

Sounds like you don't have a driver installed for it. Check your Device Manager to make sure the driver is installed and the device is functioning properly. If it's not in the list, then I'd guess the driver isn't installed. If it is in the list, but has a yellow exclamation point by it, then something is wrong with it.

thank you for all of your help by the way...

or heres the deal

the lexicon device does not even appear on the list

and the devices that have question marks next to them are

the ethernet controller

Multimedia audio controller

Multimedia video controller

Universal Serial Bus (USB) controller

those seem like they would be some important components that arent even working

Your computer is in need of some serious driver installation!!!!

Go to your mobo maker's website and download full drivers for that - that will cover your ethernet and USB, assuming they're onboard. Then download up to date driver for your graphics card ... or if it's not your graphics card that's not installed, you must have a TV card or video capture thing such as a fancy Matrox interface.

Then get your Omega drivers in - does it connect using USB or Firewire? If it's USB, chances are you can't even use it yet because your USB controller drivers aren't installed yet.

Hope that helps ................. you have some serious installing and rebooting to do!! :)

noisedude said:

Go to your mobo maker's website and download full drivers for that - that will cover your ethernet and USB, assuming they're onboard. Then download up to date driver for your graphics card ... or if it's not your graphics card that's not installed, you must have a TV card or video capture thing such as a fancy Matrox interface.

Then get your Omega drivers in - does it connect using USB or Firewire? If it's USB, chances are you can't even use it yet because your USB controller drivers aren't installed yet.

Hope that helps ................. you have some serious installing and rebooting to do!! :)

it connects USB and it works/..... some how

noisedude said:

what is the actaul name of the website?

Back