Are the "Loops for Acid" CD's any good?

Dark Fader

Anyone own any of the Loops for Acid CD's? Are they worth the kinda hefty price tag of like $50 a pop? I don't like the sample CD that came with Acid 2.0.... the sounds are too muddy and there aren't enough USEFUL sounds. Can anyone compare the two?

P.S... Any thoughts on the "idie" sample CD's that you can get for under $20 on ebay??

thanks all.

I have a few of them, and they're pretty good... actually they are cheap compared to most other sample loop CD-ROMs

I really like the Bill Laswell and David Torn ones...

Loop Price Info and some Questions

Actually, I've been picking up five or six packs of the Acid Loops at Guitar Center for $75.00. At that price, they are hard to resist. There are some that I really like and I've done very little true exploration yet.

My question has to do with implementation. Do people put the loops on their hard-drive or do they use them from the CD?

I'm also interested in how people use them...do they slice 'em or doctor 'em up at all?

S.

Loop Pricing and a Question

I have recently purchased the Acid for Loop packs (5 or 6 disks) at Guitar Center for $75. At that price, they are hard to resist. Much of them are usable - some seem to be idiosyncratic and not of much value - but then again, I haven't done a lot of exploration or modification yet.

My question is: How do people use their loops logistically. If ya got a wealth of loops, do you put 'em on hard-disk or to keep 'em on the CD? I think the hard-disk is preferable but I'm somewhat non-plussed by how much of a chunk it takes out of my dedicated audio hard-drive (30gig). Any suggestions?

S.

Lets say that each disk is full at 700mb. You could put all fourty loops disks on that dedicated hard drive. but I dont think the disks are full. and you probubly wont want them all. so a few arent going to hurt too much.

If you have a burner cut the fat and burn a cd of the favorites and load them every time you want to use them. then remove them.

Back