Audio artifacts in Sound Forge 4.5

al_dave

Been having this problem for a while. Lately I've been using SF to load tunes from my old collection of cassettes to computer. Sometimes these sessions can go for a few hours without restarting SF or the computer. I trim the excess dead air from the beginning and the end and then normalize the track to optimum levels. When I use another program to convert the WAV to MP3 and then play them back on WinAmp or Sonique (or any other Windows audio players), some tracks have tiny snippets of what I have determined is the trimmed audio from other tunes. It's not a major problem, it's just aggravating. Any hints for avoiding this stuff?

Also (for editing practice), I used SF to edit Andy Summers' "Easy On The Ice" so that it just played the head over and over as opposed to the solo parts of the tune. After editing the tune and getting it sounding right in SF, I saved to WAV and then opened the WAV in WinAmp. The edits didn't work. Some were misaligned and there were audio snippets in the WAV as well. I think the problem in both cases may be that I highlight the section to trim in the cassette tunes and then right click to cut. I guess after a couple of tunes trimmed this way, there ends up being a boatload of trimmed audio on the clipboard which then somehow ends up being reinserted in various audio tracks. Any suggestions?

Back