ACID Music Studio

nactor329

Is this any good? A friend got the new version for me because it was on sale for really cheap ($15-20) and he knew I was a little interested in recording and mixing as a hobby. I used to have a mac and would just mess around on Garageband mixing the preset loops and stuff into cool songs, so I'm looking for something similar.

acid music studio is a loop based program, having never used garage band, it sounds like its based on the same principle. Acid MS is not intended as a multitrack recorder, but is nice as a mixing platform for a novice/hobbyist. I love acid because it is extremely easy to use "out of the box".

If you want to record your own music, you may want to look into a multi-track recorder program...i can't suggest any that I've used, I record using a digital multitracker (mr8)then I mix in Acid. On this BBS alot of folks rave about a program called N-track. I've never tried it, but I believe the latest version is like $70 (24bit/96kbs), but there is a version for like 40bucks that doesn't support 24/96...

For 15-20 bucks, the acid is a steal! enjoy

maybe...if your computer has a "line-in" on the soundcard you could hook up a mic, and Acid MS does have a recorder(one track at a time, it can't record two tracks at once). you might need a pre-amp to boost the gain on the mic, but maybe you already have one...have fun!

aicd rocks

of course i use the "pro" version tracks 2 and 4 are made completly in acid using the copy and paste method i use in pro tools, absolutely no loops, the drums patterns are also created in acid, however this leads to a high track count 19-20 tracks but each sound is able to be processed seperately. follow the link

http://www.myspace.com/smashngrabentertainment

Good advice above.

I love Acid and despite attempts to switch to "better" programs I just keep using it. I'm so used to it and the looping / cut/paste features are the best on the PC

Where did he find the new version of Acid Music Studio for $15-20? It just came out this summer and online it's still selling for $69 us. Which is still a steal as far as I'm concerned but $15 sounds uh...well it ain't for no land lubbers. I'm sure.

hueseph said:
Where did he find the new version of Acid Music Studio for $15-20? It just came out this summer and online it's still selling for $69 us. Which is still a steal as far as I'm concerned but $15 sounds uh...well it ain't for no land lubbers. I'm sure.
it was mislabeled and the cashier charged the price that was on the sticker.

Back