Restoring the Roland VS840 ?

Chammy

Does anyone know how to restore the VS840?Like re formating the system itself and not the disk?Almost like reformating a computer.Like system restore.

As per a few different web sites, it doesn't have a factory reset in ROM. None of the VS line do for that matter. What do you think needs resetting?

Stray

Well for one thing,I know it needs some servicing. As for reseting, you know,the user stuff like custom presets, set tham back to normal to start from scratch again.I am starting to get alot of static from the inputs 1/4 plug ins and the loop on will not function all the time.Sometimes the channels will not playback.I've had it for at least 4 to 5 years tops and I'm sure it need some re tweeking.Its time.I figure that if I reset the system It would be fine but I guss Roland never thought of that, knuckle heads. I had ordered a book from them and thought it was a "tips using the VS840" and all it was was just simple common sense on how to operate the VS840. I should send them an E Bomb.

Chammy said:
As for reseting, you know,the user stuff like custom presets, set tham back to normal to start from scratch again.

That makes sense. Suprisingly, my Boss BR-8 has initializing options. Why the VS series don't is beyond me. But keep in mind the info I gave is from non-Roland websites so maybe sending Roland an e-mail or visiting VSPlanet.com could provide different results.

Good luck.

Stray

Back